When you've finished making PA...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mafoon, November 24, 2013.

?

After finishing PA if they used their new Engine to make Populous 2 Would you buy it?

1. Yes, i loved that game and this would an amazing re imaging for it.

51.2%
  2. I did like Populous but i don't want a remake or sequel.

12.2%
  3. No that's a terrible idea.

36.6%
  1. mafoon

mafoon Member

Would you consider making Populous 2 with the PA engine, the terrain forming, the planet wide battle, the Shaman (commander) and her spells it would all fit so well. Please Uber you can do it =] just imagine, it would be like Populous: The Beginning in full HD over an entire planet with all new spells and units. Get the Kickstarter for it up already.
  2. mafoon

mafoon Member

You could do this game justice I'm sure

Attached Files:

3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The populous IP is owned by ea...
  4. mafoon

mafoon Member

o really that sucks, i thought it would be abandon-ware by now and Uber could just scoop it up =[
  5. mafoon

mafoon Member

They could always factor the price of buying Populous off of EA into the cost of the kickstarter to get to making Populous 2
  6. JWest

JWest Active Member

There's more than one way to make a god game, couldn't Uber come up with their own spin on the genre and use the PA engine for it?
    drz1 likes this.
  7. mafoon

mafoon Member

The main point is that Populous was both a god game and an RTS not wholly one or the other and that i just thought the PA engine with a few colour pallet swaps would look just like it and the Terra-forming mechanics would work great with the Shaman spells as would the explosions.
    But yeah your right it could be something new entirely but i just really want to play an RTS that has a god mode unit in it, no other game strikes the balance so well.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I somehow wouldn't be surprised if ea owned my soul.
    stuart98 and cwarner7264 like this.
  9. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Where would they get the money to purchase the statutory monopoly rights for populace 2.
  10. MindALot

MindALot Member

You want them to compete with Godus?
  11. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I was gonna say.. I love Populous, but even in it's early state, Godus has been doing a great job of filling that particular desire for god gameplay. :)
    TehOwn, ulight and SXX like this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I have to say... I've watched some gameplay footage of Godus and it just looks like a glorified Farmville so far.

I should know, my missus is sadly addicted to Farmville ..
  13. MindALot

MindALot Member

Have you seen any of the combat footage ?

Not that it is great combat - but Farmville, as far as I know, doesn't have combat.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh it does. She competes with her neighbours to grow the biggest crops for the county fair. It's brutal.
    Devak likes this.
  15. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

As someone who owns godus I have to say that it has a lot of potential. Just like all the games Mr. Molyneux has tackled on. Let's hope this time he can make his dreams come a reality when no publishers are dragging him down :)

Yes, the current version of it is quite like Farmville. I hope they don't include in-app purchases (I feel dirty just saying that word).
  16. comham

comham Active Member

Shouldn't be too hard to smack down Molyneux, after all, he is a blithering idiot.
  17. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I kickstarted godus, it looks good but my god the level of clicking is insane it friggin gave me carpal until reports come out that they've fixed it I'm not playing the beta again, it just kills your fingers
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I'm not talking to you anymore. :)
    cwarner7264 and stuart98 like this.
  19. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

I believe it is more suited to the older gamer (25+) as it is a slower paced, relaxing game.
    It seems that people younger miss the point and/or find it a little less than stimulating.
    Personally, I enjoy Godus. It's a different kind of game, one where I can sit back and enjoy watching things happen.

p.s. Doesn't this belong in a different forum? It isn't technically PA-related.
  20. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Just looked up Godus. How does it NOT have IAP? That's the whole point of the Farmville formula.