Jump Jet Cooldown Discussion

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by sunnydove, January 13, 2011.

1. Mastah

Mastah New Member

After a few games all I can say is : AMAZING job Uber :D

You perfectly fixed jetpacks issue, now the little jump you can make even with no more fuel changes a lot of things. Not to mention that the new fuel bar helps a lot, after all.

Thanks again for listening to us!!
  2. Chaky

Chaky New Member

I haven't even tested this out, but hearing that the gunner and tank can now jump with empty jets is a load of good news!
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I'll give it a try right now.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I suppose I'll install teamspeak then!

Why can't you be normal people and use vent?
  5. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

We could, but uhh... the server is never used and has 100 player slot so I might as well take advantage?

On topic: I tried it, however the jets were fine before.
  6. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Meter added: good
    Still able to jump with no jets left: good

Now that we can see the jet meter, I notice something though. The jets only recharge when you're on the ground. If you're falling or using a jump-pad, it just holds where it is. It would be more intuitive if it recharged any time it wasn't being used.
  7. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

8. Mail

Mail New Member

Had a chance to play around with this as gunner. Gotta say I was cool with the change. It also marks the first time I've actually done well as gunner. I only noticed the meter about halfway through the game, and gotta say it's in a bit of an awkward spot, though I don't know how you could make it better.
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Changes will happen now and in the future. It keeps the game fresh, it keeps the game balanced. New tactics will arise when changes are made. Try to roll with them.

We are still in BETA. Somethings go in and are not quite finished. The Jump Jet change was one of them.

I also highly suggest that everyone play with changes a bit before passing judgement.
    I do not make balance changes lightly. I take feedback from everywhere. I do a lot of calculation, testing and consideration with each and every balance change.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Pfffft. We don't believe you ScAthis. :D
    :ugeek:
  11. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You know... with this change it isn't so bad at all. I changed my gunner class to gold speed and I dunno, I'm just performing really well at it. It scares people for me to pop out of corners faster and I can CHASE people. If the gunner ran any faster I would be afraid everyone would be calling him OP. :lol:
  12. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Not... not even YOU DeadStretch?

You cut me. You cut me bad.
    :cry:
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I totally forgot that it was changed in the last patch. o_O
    Damn insomnia, makes you forget all kinds of important stuff!

Tested it and it's better now. I'll miss the good old days but I think I can get used to how the jumpjets are now. Thanks Uber!
  15. Mail

Mail New Member

I think I will try a gold speed build on gunner, though it's worth mentioning that speed not stacking with speed pickups is a little wonky.
  16. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

For all those people running Gold Speed, I'd recommend trying out Silver Speed. I've been running Gold RoF and Silver Speed for a while now and it's outstanding. Getting a single speed pickup and going up to Gold happens very often; silver speed is enough to get a lot of advantages such as making jumps on Grenade III without activating jump pads.

I played a Gold Armor, Silver Accuracy, Bronze RoF for months thinking I could never get rid of the Accuracy buff. I don't miss it with this new build I've been running. Considering most deaths now come from headshots or dash-grapple assassins, missing the Gold Armor isn't a big deal.
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

using bronze armor now?
  18. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

I've been switching between Reload Speed, Health Regen, and Accuracy at bronze. I've really been liking the first two because they suite my high-tempo aggressive playstyle by cutting downtime. Reload Speed edges out because I need to reload more often than heal, but I doubt that would be the case for everyone. Lots of options, but right now I'm really sold on RoF/Speed for Gold/Silver.
  19. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think I would have to go with clip size bronze

Reloading less often is better than reloading faster, IMO
  20. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

I have the tendency to reload once I clear the area of Pros even if I only used a quarter of the ammo. I very rarely run into situations where I run out of ammo or get caught reloading too early, so running with a bigger clip would only help me vs the moneyball and doesn't really outweigh the benefit I gain from shaving time off the reload animation. I would still be reloading just as frequently, except it would be slower without the bronze reload endorsement. That's one reason I think the default Gunner class just plain stinks. Just personal preferences though.