"Big Bertha" trying to fire through the ground?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sqweek, November 24, 2013.

1. sqweek

sqweek New Member

Sorry for the TA reference, I can't remember the name of the tower in PA. The longer-range Pelter is the one I'm talking about. :)

Anyway, I built one of them vs the AI on a small planet (scale 2). I told it to shoot one of the AI's pelters that was causing me grief, queued up some other targets and went to do something else. After a few minutes I noticed that it was still targetting the first pelter because every shot was blocked by a structure I had built next to it. How annoying! xD

So I told it to fire at turret in a different direction and it promptly rotated and began firing... into the ground straight in front of it. It kind of looked like it was firing directly at the target instead of around the planet's curvature. I think I had only scouted this target, but didn't have radar coverage.

Couldn't find any similar issues on the forum already.
  2. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

3. sqweek

sqweek New Member

That was the one, thanks :)
  4. urablahblah

urablahblah Member

5. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I wouldn't mind so much that the curvature meant the Holkins is simply unable to fire at certain places within it's usual range, as long as there's some sort of dynamic range overlay when placing/selecting the structure. I think there's definitely some bugs in here, but also variation in height and curvature must surely mean a bug-free Holkin's can't hit some locations.