Would it bother you if the release date were pushed back?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by mafoon, November 24, 2013.

?

Do you want the release date pushed back?

1. I don't mind when it comes out, they can push it back as much as they like for top Quality

80.2%
  2. They can delay it a bit if they need to but I'd rather they finish it sooner than later

5.7%
  3. No it should come out when they said it was going to or i can't gift it for Christmas

1.4%
  4. These things are not for mortals minds to ponder, the gods of 1s and 0s shall do as they please

12.7%
  1. mafoon

mafoon Member

I'm a big proponent of release it when it's ready and so i don't want Uber to be rushed off their feet to meet a deadline release they have put out but to take their time to get it juuuust riiiight.
  2. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Inb4 brian+search. ;)
    nhac, cmdandy, bradaz85 and 4 others like this.
  3. duncane

duncane Active Member

To me the game is already out and they are just slowly patching over time to fix bugs, re-balance and add features and units. The day of release wont be anything different as I would have been playing it the whole time since alpha ;-)
    Timevans999 likes this.
  4. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Polls polls polls, whys every thread gotta have a poll? Anyways, I don't care when "release" is because I already have the game. Makes no difference to me when other people can play.
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I personally hope they wait simply so the reviews don't give them a hard time, but for anybody who wants to play the game, the release date was last week sometime.
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

brain+search.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Isn't the answer "No it should come out when they said it was going to or i can't gift it for Christmas" invalid? I know it's only 1 vote, but it's not even true. The game can be gifted.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

The only bit that matters is when they give free reign to the modders. The game is effectively released. An official release is when Uber feels the game is far enough along to put there seal of approval on it.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Good news is at least the polls show support for quality. At any rate, anyone can play the game now, but many players want quality, so before we open the final floodgate to the random newbie, that quality will help secure them.

I think the preorder let-in is a great move so far. Could have ended worse. So far game has gained popularity, with a few newbies posting lack of user friendliness which we all knew would happen. The gain in popularity is a plus.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  10. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I got a game casted by a commentator who made me sound like a pro, I'll be honest it made my investment worth it on that alone. The game is fun and enjoyable, I'm happy with my investment everything else since then has been a bonus
    cwarner7264 and Culverin like this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Wow, out of playing just recently? That's particularly special. It is rare for a new player to understand the direction of the game so well. Most think C&C singular base build.

This game is fun, it just isn't user friendly yet.
  12. DavidGX

DavidGX New Member

They gave all the early backers beta, so I'd still get to keep playing it. And I'd rather them release the game they want to, even if it takes longer. So I don't care in the slightest.
  13. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Proof that this poll is in the wrong place.
  14. DavidGX

DavidGX New Member

Probably, yeah.
  15. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

In general, I would agree with this comment. However, one of the things that the game suffers from now is a fairly low number of active players. I myself know of a few people that are waiting for a price drop (to at least $50, which will come with the "official" release, but hopefully sooner), before they buy the game, and there are probably thousands more that have pre-purchased the final release of the game. So, for that reason alone, I'm hoping for a release date that comes sooner than later. I mean, let's face it. The game won't be done when they "release" it. They will continue to patch and add features to it long after that point. So, in my opinion, why not release it sooner, get all those thousands of extra players involved sooner, then continue to improve it afterward? I agree that it's already fun to play, and the people that knock it after release are the kind that would be unhappy no matter what anyway. So, essentially at this point, more people equals more fun for me, and any extra features and polish is just gravy.
  16. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Stardrive.

It's all very well saying that features and polish will be brought in later. But gamers do judge the game based on the reviews. And the reviews are done sooner rather than later, and I doubt PA would be reviewed again.

It's all very well saying savvy users don't trust reviews from the gaming mags. But those are the first ones that pop up on Google
    cmdandy and drz1 like this.
  17. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

I think one of the reasons that Uber allowed early access for pre-orders was to make a big dint in the number of people pushing for it to be completed "on time". If the game is already freely accessible, so long as gamers are made aware (As they are, if they can read!), that the game is currently "unfinished", fewer people (especially backers and pre-orderers) will be griping about looming deadlines.

I also think that one of the reasons for the low number of active players is that many backers did so for the promise of a great game, but aren't particularly interested in the development side of things, and are quite content waiting for the stable "release" version. There are also many who are just waiting for the time when they can play solo, on their "own" server, and once comfortable with the game, will most likely be more evident online.
    drz1 and stormingkiwi like this.
  18. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

It was in the Alpha phase and it was just a guy commentating but hey it made me feel pro regardless despite the fact I'm not that good, We're not talking the level of Husky or Day 9 but a nice enough chap regardless
  19. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Uber has always stated "schedule subject to change".

poll?:confused:
  20. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Apparently nobody watched those videos and read those posts, even though there are half a billion of em.

It's done when it's done. Uber has been extremely reluctant to reveal deadlines just because of threads like these and still they get misunderstood.
    Grimseff likes this.