You're In! Come Smash Some Planets With Us, Backers!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 19, 2013.

1. milessw

milessw New Member

Hi,
    Would it be at all possible to get my second key activated as well please?

Thanks
  2. Canalha

Canalha New Member

Hi,

I have a doubt. I am a Kickstater Backer. I received my Beta Invite. But I also bought Extra Copies for my friends during the Kickstarter Campain.

Can my friends play the Beta too? Or they have to wait the Retail Release?

Sorry if this is explained somewhere. I seached the foruns and didn't find anything related.

My understanding is that Uber expanded the Beta to the Backers not to the Extra Copies but it would be nice to know for sure.

Sorry for my english.
    Thanks.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Yes, go to your account in the Uber store, I believe all the keys there, once activated, work immediately.

They all activate at different times though, so just because yours is doesn't mean they all will be. They all probably will activate like popcorn, one or two here and there, quite a few together at other times, but by the end all will be activated.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What popcorn do you pop? At the end I still have a few kernels left. ;)
  5. stormossa

stormossa New Member

Cant open the latest version of the game, my computer says the file comes from an "unknown publisher/developer"(may not be the actual expression, am swedish so just translated it word by word), and refuses to open the file.

I play on Mac.

What to do?
  6. rmasoni

rmasoni New Member

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@stormossa You should also be able to right-click or control-click the file to open and a message will pop up asking Are you sure? and you can say Yes.
  8. Meterian

Meterian New Member

Hey all
    I've encountered a problem installing PA:
    ---------------------------
    PA.exe - System Error
    ---------------------------
    The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I'm on a win-7 64 bit OS, fully updated
    build number says 57449

I've tried re-installing three times, problems isn't going away
    suggestions/help?
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I would guess that your graphics driver is outdated or you dont have the most recent version of directX installed.
  10. Meterian

Meterian New Member

you were right, but problem is because I have the latest version of direct x - needed an earlier version
  11. Melissia

Melissia New Member

I had a 15 dollar backing (backed on Kickstarter, I was one of the 5000 "early bird" backers), so I admit I haven't been paying much attention (mostly been patiently waiting for the game to be released), but I got the email saying that I could be getting beta access because of my backing. Haven't gotten my key yet, apparently my backing wasn't "finalized".... I THINK I just finalized my backing, just now.

You're still sending them out in waves, right? Just asking to see if I should wait for the key some more, or talk with customer service.

edit: Ah, there it is. I completely missed the email because I was searching for Kickstarter, rather than Planetary Annihilation. Derrrp? I'll be downloading it now :D
    Last edited: November 23, 2013
  12. Haydn

Haydn New Member

Hello all,

I am in exactly the same position as the person above and would also like to know an answer to this.

Cheers!
  13. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

From support.uberent.com in the knowledgebase for planetary annihilation.
    FAQ: Help, my game won't start!
  14. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

why is there no more 40$ edition in the Uber Store? 2 days ago I wrote a news on our site and pointed everyone to the 40$ edition cos this will get the beta access now aswell, but Uber seems to have removed it from the shop. Will it come back when the game gets released? :p
  15. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

The $40 edition is the release price. My assumption is they remove it order to control the amount of people coming in to the game. Having a $60 version as the minimum requirement to get access immediately would make a lot of people think about it. In the majority of them would only do it if they really want to play the game and/or beta-test. Again don't really know just assuming.;)
  16. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

Well if they don't want so many players in beta, why send out all the keys to all backers and preOrderers and why announce on the website that they let everyone in? Removing the 40$ option and announcing at the same time that even the cheaper editions get beta access now looks a bit strange, cos there are no cheaper editions available anymore. Actually I have no idea how to explain this move to the guys which I told they can get PA already for 40$, and hoped for some statement by Uber (at least if the 40$ option will come back soon).
  17. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I got my key for Alpha on day 4. Don't worry, it will come and you will feel like Christmas came early this year!

Fresh Meat! MUAHAHAHAHAH..........
  18. yaxmir

yaxmir New Member

With the first versions, it all worked fine, but from the moment I used the Steam key, I got the "PA.exe stopped working" error.

Updated to newest Catalist drivers (2013/12/18) and checked sound card drivers as well, still no effect.
    DirectX is at version 11.

I hope someone can help me. I attached my dxdiag file as suggested in the forum.

Thanks,

Attached Files: