Big Update Next Week!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, November 22, 2013.

1. tbacav

tbacav Member

Uber says something and I say something else and someone says something else again. Very confusing.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/stretch-goals-when-to-expect-them.53690/#post-821163

I don't think Howard is done with the score just yet.

Again, https://forums.uberent.com/threads/stretch-goals-when-to-expect-them.53690/#post-821163
  2. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

tbacav: sorry if I misunderstood your post but I do not have excess to the forum you linked, gives me an error.
  3. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

Another thought: maybe the new content could be an entire new faction. That IS in the works, I think?

Maybe the current faction could actually be left as-is. It's the "Nukes & T2 Bombers" faction. If you want to win, that's mostly what you use. They have really good defenses, pretty terrible ground units, really good T2 bombers, cheap nukes and awful anti-nukes. That's not broken; it's their intentional balance as a faction.

There could be another faction that has really good ground forces, including long range mobile artillery, but their nukes cost 3 times as much, their anti-nukes are much better, their bombers are weak, etc.

Different factions may have entirely different playstyles.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Please no, this isn't C&C Generals.

Anyway, I think they've already said nothing like that will occur.
    popededi likes this.
  5. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

It has been said that factions are only a lore thing, everybody uses the same units. Commanders may be unique to a faction, but even then the difference is only graphical.
  6. duncane

duncane Active Member

I hope its transports or the unit cannon ;-)
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

It's been stated that there will be only one set of units. Factions are for lore only.

So I can say the update definitely won't be that.

Edit: Balance is in the works and we don't have a full unit roster. T2 bombers and anti-nukes will be balanced – almost sure of that.
    melhem19 likes this.
  8. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I'm sure they want to keep it like a game of "Chess"
    There is no point in black having 4 bishops and white having 4 rooks, it totally unbalances the game.
    That would also force the player to use a specific strategy based on the side they choose limiting the over all strategies that could be used per team/faction.

_edited_
    Ahahaha "Uber Chess" :)
    Last edited: November 25, 2013
  9. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

OH if I get the game before this, OH.
  10. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

The most popular assumption seems to be unit cannon for this pre-thanksgiving update. But let's not forget that in order for that or the interplanetary nukes to be usable, we need advanced orbital mechanics, such as moving small moons into orbit over other planets and whatnot via the use of halleys. Otherwise there is not much of a point to the whole thing, if you can just shoot units and nukes through the whole solar system.

So I have to guess this next update will bring many gameplay improvements, and will be a big jump towards the full-release state of the game in general, so we might see actual balancing and UI improvements as well.

What I personally would love to see is the multi-window support.
  11. brianpurkiss

Multi window support... forgot about that.

That would be an AMAZING update. Would really help gameplay.
    popededi likes this.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Well a "big" update would suggest more then just one thing in this update, i hope its a lot of stuff and not just 1 feature like a unit cannon
  13. brianpurkiss

I don't think anyone here is expecting just one feature. I think we just all think the unit cannon will be the most likely feature.
    drz1 likes this.
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Personally, I really hope that this update radically changes gameplay, like gates or multiplanet spawning.

I think the unit cannon will just be for giggles and laughs honestly.....but it will be REALLY COOL.
  15. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Nah mate, being able to assault a nearby occupied moon by shooting 20-30 bots into a weakly defended spot would make a BIG difference, strategy wise.
  16. jacob29

jacob29 Member

Without the unit cannon i'd like you to tell me how I am supposed to attack a planet that I have no foothold in.
  17. brianpurkiss

If they add the unit cannon, I bet you they'll add multi planet spawning and things like interplanetary nukes or gates or something.

Unit cannons definitely will be a big game changer for interplanetary, that's for sure.
  18. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The next update will not have unit cannon or multiple windows.
  19. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

hm, maybe it's new units then?
  20. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I don't have a complete list of stuff, that will come with the patch. Not everything made it in that we wanted (honestly the biggest thing I want is the camera fixed but it's not ready to ship out this week).