Am I just stupid?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by diplomacyking, November 21, 2013.

1. diplomacyking

diplomacyking New Member

I can't figure out how to use the system editor. I can make planets, move em around, even edit them and reposition their orbit. How do I make ASTEROIDS TO SMASH? I feel like this is a really simple answer but for the life of me I can't figure it out

thanks
  2. dekate

dekate Member

create a moon, make it as small as possible... tada instant smashing potential
    push the "size" bar to the far left ... small, smaller, smallest !... you can even type in a number if you desire so ...
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You cannot place actual asteroids yet.
  4. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Yes you are.

Just kidding. :)

It's not self-explanatory, so your question is valid. Planet size has to be under 200 (or 400?) for the Halley's to work,
  5. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Well you don't smash them in the system editor for a start.. is that whats confusing you ?
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Currently, planets that can be smashed are sized 100 - 350 I believe (you can go smaller, but too much smaller, and they're quite hard to build on).

The system editor does not make this information clear at this time. Once you get in game, if you hit the "." key, it will bring up the celestial view. Each body will have an entry in the upper right corner, showing you if they can be moved, and if so, how many engines it takes. If you see a planet with 3 engine hashes on it, that means 3 of course. If you see a series of 5 boxes each with the number 5 in it, that means 25 total engines needed.
    popededi likes this.
  7. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I think he's asking how to give planetoids colliding orbits in the system editor. If that is what the op is asking, then no, you can't do that yet.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

First, you can't make them crash in the editor, just ingame. You can make them crashable in the editor.

Secondly, in the editor, to make them launchable, make them smaller than 250 for ease of launch. you can launch bigger ones with like 25 rockets, and you cant launch any ones bigger than that at all.

Thirdly, in the game, build the halleys to crash planets. You can zoom all the way out and look at the top right hand corner, and it will tell you how many engines launchable planets need. You build those on planet (unopposed, if the enemy has an engine you need an additional engine for every one he has, to effectively cancel him out), then zoom back out, and those icons at the top right by the planet list should show green and give you an "Annihilate" button to target another planet with it.
  9. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I opened a topic about this and some other interesting facts a while ago, when I exploded the values. Someone should really sticky that topic.

Edit: link to it coming soon - the one in my signature broke o_O

Edit 2: ---> LINK <----
    Last edited: November 21, 2013
  10. diplomacyking

diplomacyking New Member

Great! Thanks all these are super helpful. I understand that you smash planets in game i just diddnt know that you didn't need to make actual asteroids in the editor!