Still having performance issues..

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Qosmius, November 20, 2013.

1. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

so after numerous patches and close to release..the game is still not very playabale for me...i dno i seem to run normal games just fine..bf3 at max..bf4 high...crysis high and such games..but when it comes to pa i get lags every game basically...i try to host small games with me and the ai with 2 planets and it lags by zooming in and out fast, and the occasional micro lags that comes sometimes..i have updated all my drivers and several ppls have tryed to help me to increase fps but nothing seems to help..i am almost giving up :(
  2. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

it seems like my game cannot load fast enough..even if i have eveything on the lowest..when i zoom out i see loading areas before it renders to whats its supposed to be
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

*** posted in wrong place, please remove ***
    Last edited: November 20, 2013
  4. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

im using w7

Your UberNet account qosmius is currently linked to Steam account Qosmius. i used steam version since it first came out.. i dno what to do :(

here is also dxdiag..dont think it will help much anyways..ppls have looked at it before

Attached Files:

5. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

when i try to host games myself there is a red dot for e very long time and it takes several seconds to host a small game with just an ai..normal games i have like 40-50 ms no matter what game i have and i got a 10mbps down speed and 10 mbps up

it seems the game actually lags more now than it did early alpha
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm really sorry if somebody already said you those and they not work, but there only 3 things you can try:
    1. Try to get non-Steam version though Uber launcher:
      https://store.uberent.com/Download/Install?titleId=4
    2. Enable "Threaded Optimization" in Nvidia Control Panel.
    3. Use Colin's slowbars mod:
      https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-slowbars-54357.50349/
      It's decrease number of UI updated and increase performance in general.
    If you don't tried any of those try now.
  7. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

trying the non version now..i have amd not nvidia..and i dont want to be dependent of mods just go get a normal to run normally. i will tell if it gets better with non steam version
  8. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

nope, didnt help at all
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Okay. Can you please do that:
    1 - Run game normally then press Ctrl+P in menu.
    2 - Run game and then press Ctrl+U in game to toggle UI.
    3 - Check if there any difference between FPS with or without UI.
    Post here about results.
  10. varrak

varrak Official PA

Also CTRL+F11 and zip up and post the capture that's dropped in c:\users\<your username>\appdata\local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\PerfLogs.

There's some known issues with how we are doing some rendering that's impacting AMD users. I'm working on fixing this, so that should help a little, although that fix won't be available for another couple of weeks. Once that's in though, it should make a difference. Longer-term, there's even more optimizations coming for the graphics side of things that should help.
  11. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

in the menu the fps numbers are flickering incredible fast..cannot read them properly but i think it jumps from maybe 30 to 300 every 0.00001 sec...it says 2msec also flicerking to about 20 msec

ingame it runs at about 40 fps at 25msec constantly but drops down occasionnaly and lags....no improvement when disabling ui
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then I don't give you any advice at moment. :(
    There is very limited number of workarounds which actually working.
  13. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

i took the 4 latest ctrl f11 thingies and zipped them togheter. last game i hosted to do this i got 20 fps by being fully zoomed out with 2 planets scale 4 and 2 with 1 ai

Attached Files:

SXX likes this.