Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but,Berserk!?? I looked up the animes mentioned here and they all look to damn kiddy for me.
    Also, thumbs up to the guy who mentioned jojo bizarre adv. The parts when the bad guy would yell "the world" & there would be 100s of knives at jo urauraaUraaahh lol
  2. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

Bleach and Fairy Tail
  3. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Not sure I would use the word gay for an anime/manga with truckloads of cleavage, but it certainly went too far.
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I'm so glad to see we've matured past the grade school mentality of using gay as a pejorative. Is it a lack of imagination, or simple ignorance?
    81suibylop likes this.
  6. arseface

Time to talk more animu.

I checked out Unbreakable Machine Doll because it got recommended to me. It's not good. Lots of fanservice. Uninspired generic characters.
    I'll probably watch all of it this season and look for some fan translations of the original source material.
  7. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

I didn't watch that, though I've skipped a lot of thnigs from this season just to cut back.
    I did finish something from the summer season, "Free!" But yeah probably never should've watched that. Heck I think they're getting another season.

Been loving Valvrave's second half as well as Little Busters Refrain. The latter series making up for the pretty lackluster season one.

Golden Time is something that is getting a lot of love but I'm not really sure about it even after four episodes.
  8. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Really? It's that popular?

All I know is that I'm going to the cinema to watch the 3rd Madoka Magica movie.
  9. arseface

I'll be watching it in December. So pumped.
  10. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Clearly they meant Billych is happy?? :) #kidding
  11. NegimaSonic

I mean around some of the places I go like reddit where all four episodes have pulled about +200 score. Aka places that don't matter. They can like a series a lot and it still not sell in Japan and in the end that's all that matters.

But the hype from it being from the creator of Toradora is also helping a lot I imagine.
  12. arseface

Followed a random recommendation out of nowhere for Shin Sekai Yori. I'm only 5 episodes in and I'm waiting for the translated book(that will probably never happen 1000+ pages). Very shaky start, but now that it seems to be getting into the swing of things it seems like it'll be awesome.

I also started Eden of the East as per a recommendation from a friend. On episode 4, so far it's decent.
  13. NegimaSonic

I've heard very good things about SSY, just can't be bothered to pick it over other things on my backlog. Feel free to post your thoughts about it when you finished though.
  14. arseface

I finished Eden of the East first because it was shorter.
    I'll not be watching the sequel movies. It's one of those series that you could never watch and you wouldn't miss anything.

SSY, on the other hand, is amazing.

It's for people who like looking at hypothetical societies. While it has a number of holes, it gets the points it needs to across extremely well. And it touches on such a diverse number of topics it's staggering. Very high quality softer sci-fi.

I really want the book to be translated now. I don't think it will be, but I want it to.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

watched and read attack on Titan ... gotta say i´m rather unimpressed ...
  16. NegimaSonic

I'll put it on my super super backlog. I'll see it in about 5 years lol. My backlog isn't that big actually it's just games + current season takes priority.

I'm a fan of it but I think it's a show that you didn't need to hear about solely because of hype or you'd be disappointed, similar case with SAO. I saw and loved both of those shows, but they're not the best at anything. Yet I look forward to more of both shows one day.
  17. arseface

I understand the backlog bit completely. There are things on my backlog that have been there for years for one reason or another.
  18. NegimaSonic

yeah I'm just being weird for awhile watching "new" stuff. I decided I sorta got tired of only hearing of the same series so I want to see what new seasons bring, see if I can find a new "classic" or at least some fun things to watch.

Sadly it means I run into a lot of mediocre stuff too haha but some of them aren't bad if I don't over-analyze things.
  19. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Why? Why aren’t you stopping me?! If I keep this up, Ryuko is going to die!
  20. NegimaSonic

It was a pretty good episode, I kind of figured Mako was powerful (but without even a uniform, I'm still suspicious of something she did a few episodes ago).