Planetary Annihilation Beta for $40! (Today only)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by imvudude, November 12, 2013.

1. imvudude

imvudude Member

cwarner7264 and Raevn like this.
  2. Marnit

Marnit Member

Odd, i thought they said they would not discount untill release due to backers...
    luieburger likes this.
  3. feyder

feyder Member

Part of the money goes to Charity so that's probably a valid reason enough, I paid for Alpha and I'm fine with this.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  4. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

5. feyder

feyder Member

6. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

anyone who says that just because it's for charity, doesn't mean it should be discounted, can do one. Which charity, BTW?
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Arachnis and drz1 like this.
  8. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

That water charity is a really really good idea.. One can live 3 weeks without food but only 3 days wihtout water. Also bleach at a ratio of 1/1000 purifys water.. if you are ever that desperate.
    drz1 likes this.
  9. abuk007

abuk007 New Member

Well... this doesn't seem to be fair. I can understand Warfare edition for 50$, but not for price of standard.. It's like early backers are ignored. I would like to give 40$ for greater edition and additionaly support charity, but I didn't have a choice in May. Now, 1 month to release I still don't get beta access while new people get it for same price and that includes charity. I feel cheated and I recognize neat amount of other early post-kickstarter backers too. You could've at least give us 24 hour chance to upgrade accounts for free or something.
    luieburger likes this.
  10. feyder

feyder Member

And so begins the whining.
    snierke and cwarner7264 like this.
  11. abuk007

abuk007 New Member

Are you surprised? It's like someone told you: "hey we are releasing a new sportscar, preorder it now so you get it cheaper!" and few days before release you meet someone telling you that he paid 30% less than you, got a test drive as a bonus and 10% of the amount he paid went to children in Africa.
    Why someone gets better deal when you were there long time before?
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the deal or charity. It just doesn't seem to be fair for people who paid towards PA in past.
    luieburger likes this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm slightly miffed, because I held a competition last week within the Realm for which the prize was a PA Beta key. If I'd known this was going to happen I'd have held off :D

Never mind. I don't begrudge Uber the extra pennies. And it's for a good cause.
  13. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

this price is the same price i payed in the kick starter for beta access and the beta has been out for weeks now i have no problem with this price it isn't cheaper and it only lasts one day it does not change anything on our end of the game play anyway only adds some more players that would have joined in when they released the game anyway...
    drz1 and luieburger like this.
  14. abuk007

abuk007 New Member

This is true for Kickstarter backers, not for backers post Kickstarter. I did not manage to catch the Kickstarter campaign, so I felt like preordering even for higher price would still benefit both PA and me as backer.

EDIT:
    It's like: Uberent give me back my 40$ so i can rebuy your game and pay towards charity and get beta access.
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
    luieburger likes this.
  15. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

You have helped the game by pre-ordering. It's not going to be much longer until everyone has access.

Regardless we reserve the right to sell the game to anyone we want at any price. We use the money brought in from things like this to improve the game and expand the team. Ignoring opportunities like this would be folly. I think we've been doing a good job so far of maintaining the value proposition for early backers. But there are going to be sales and you need to be ok with that as an early backer. If you want the game at the absolutely cheapest price possible then you'll be playing sometime in 2015 probably ;)
  16. luieburger

luieburger New Member

It would be nice if Uber would just let us $40 pre-order people have our keys. I mean... it would just be nice. Obviously this is yet another lesson for us. Never pre-order. Ever. I'm fine with waiting since I have plenty of other Linux games to play anyway. I just regret pre-ordering is all. I'll get over it.

Really though... would it cost the company anything to just let the $40 pre-order folks have their keys? Since it's "not that long until everybody has access" I'm sure the Beta and Alpha pre-order folks won't mind. Right?
    Last edited: November 13, 2013
    abuk007 and nobrains like this.
  17. imvudude

imvudude Member

Wait,quick question. Will I get all the benefits of pre-ordering by buying this, like the exclusive commander?
  18. luieburger

luieburger New Member

Yes. It's the full-featured $60 listing on Steam.
  19. luckywaldo7

luckywaldo7 New Member

Learn what lesson? That you pre-ordered to get the game on release, so now you will get it on release?

Just wait patiently a bit longer. I'm waiting too. It just means that when you get the game, it will be all that much more polished.
  20. luieburger

luieburger New Member

Why pre-order when beta access will be the same price nearly a month before the release date? Lesson definitely learned. Also, I am waiting patiently. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting for this game. I only bought it because I wanted to support a linux dev. My point still stands. Don't pre-order and you stand to benefit later. I can empathize with those $40 pre-order folks who feel that way.

Of course "It's not going to be much longer until everyone has access." So you know. Screw those $40 pre-order people. Right? They can wait, can't they? Who cares about them? The $60 and $80 pre-orders are the only ones we give a damn about. Right?
    Last edited: November 13, 2013
    abuk007 likes this.