Payment Providers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, April 8, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Multiple people confirming a payment site is a good thing. Especially for region specific ones that people outside that region may never have heard of, it helps us to determine the ones that are actually used by more than one person. :)
  2. seniorpino

seniorpino New Member

I remember mailing Uber entertainment at the start of the kickstarter. I told them I would really like to buy the game, but had trouble with the payment options.
    I bought it in the pre-order phase and still had to use PayPal.

Although I already bought it now, I am really happy to see iDeal being mentioned. Hands down the best online transaction method I have ever witnessed. It not only feels safe, but also is safe.

Nice one UE!
  3. lynxnz

lynxnz Member

New Zealanders can use both Amazon and PayPal, so no special requirements for us :)
  4. ninjarock

ninjarock New Member

G'Day

I live in Australia and I use Pay Pal for most of my online purchases. Works pretty well.

I don't know of any services catering for just Australia though.
  5. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

edit, removed
    Last edited: November 12, 2013
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

well you could check the Steam "payment methods" dropdown list for good payment methods :p
  7. mentis404

mentis404 New Member

I like paysafecard to.
    In our Region it is very popular. It is the easiest way to pay online, if you dont have PayPal or a credit card.
  8. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

@garat
    I haven't seen any fellow Kiwi's on these forums.

For NZ, there are no region specific methods. And using Steam generally works out cheaper for us ($60US converts to ~$75NZ. Foreign conversion fee is 5% I think. Games retail here for about $100)

I'm pretty sure that the retail stores keep the extra as profit.

So most of my mates buy from Steam or otherwise online ( Amazon/PayPal).

For New Zealand, a good one to look at is MightyApe, which are online distributors. They often put a sale on a game so it's below the RRP and more comparative to the Steam Price. (So Rome: Total War II is on sale for $69.99, reduced from $89.99)

For Australia, I obviously don't know. But I did a quick Google. Rome: Total War II is on sale for $53.99 at www.ozgameshop.com, reduced from $100 AUD.

Just consider that it is $1AUD to $0.94USD.

For NZ local options, it may be best to use MightyApe, Steam and Paypal. For Australia, there are a couple of gaming magazines which may be worth emailing. I presume that you will release it retail - but I don't think the majority of your sales will come from that locally, just because it is so expensive for us.
  9. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

Put PayPall to every one.
  10. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

I think you should accept bitcoin through a payment processor like Bitpay or Coinbase. They allow the customer to buy a product denominated in dollars (say, $50) and pay with bitcoin from anywhere in the world, with extremely low fees. The payment providers then convert the customer's bitcoin immediately into dollars, and they are deposited into your bank account. I highly recommend both of them, and I would love to pay for Uber's products and services with bitcoin.