Faction #3 - Which trope will it be?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by ooshr32, October 16, 2013.

1. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

the quest driven faction.
    The Imperfect

For Eons we have fought this war, and while we are supremely skilled in the art of destruction, is there not more to our existence? Our very existence is due to the great imagination and creativity of the Progenitors. We seek to see the face of our creators in ourselves.
    The shadows of the progenitors in our memories suggest a non mechanical form. Is this form not the key to realizing our true potential? Should we not seek to achieve it? Should we not seek to find some balance to our existence? Should we not seek to be as the progenitors were?
    While pondering these questions we fight. We fight to survive until the time of our awakening comes to pass. We fight because we were made by the Progenitors to do so, and through victory they will grant us the existence we seek.

I am Shedar, The Seeker.
    Through my leadership we will find the answers.
    We will sit at the table with our creators and call them brother.

Symbol could be a fractured sphere.
  2. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

You mean an scientific or exploration driven faction. There will be no campain, so no quests. This has already been suggested (incl. by me). Please, read the thread before posting.

EDIT: I feel like I must add that you are much more descriptive about it then me.:)
  3. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

I like where you're going with this. Maybe it could a USA-like faction who "Keep the Peace" in order to protect their interests. (Btw, I am an American)
  4. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Technically, everyone does that. Currently, the best example is Putin(or russia) rather than Obama(or america).

But yea i saw the Legio Machina more as a Pax Machina, a group that banded together to form a fist against the other commanders rather than to conquer.
  5. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Pahahaha, America 'keep the peace' do they? Oh man that's a good one. *snort*

EDIT: my apologies, never discuss politics on the Internet. Forget I spoke
  6. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I would like a faction focused on cold logic over all other (since the current factions seems rather emotional for machines).
    LavaSnake likes this.
  7. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Their own peace. That's what it's about. Protecting your own interests, not literal peace
  8. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

The Bacon faction? They make their enemies admit Bacon is just too awesome the other factions deny it so must be purged
  9. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

How many factions are there gonne be in total?

-Democracy: Every commander has a vote... just like the Borg. AIs can take sharing quite far, specialy if they use the hive mind principle.

Yes, please
    LavaSnake likes this.
  10. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

Exactly, thats why I put it in quotation marks.