We lost, yet we won.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Mibuwolf, January 12, 2011.

1. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

This has only happened once and I haven't seen it before. So I'm wondering if you guys know about this "bug" I got last night.

I might have switched teams, however I don't remember; sorry.

We just barely won too, we laid waste to the red moneyball and it comes crashing down only to say "We lose". The announcer I believe said Icemen won though. So it is just a visual glitch maybe? :?:
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You my friend have just experienced a complete tie during OT in MNC. Both teams seen the same exact thing. "You Lose....You Win" with Mickey Cantor telling you that your team won. This is the rarest thing inside of MNC. Only a handful of us have seen it and even less have lived to tell the tale. So as it is both teams finished off each others Moneyball at the exact same time.

I will try my best to dig up the old thread about it.
    [Edit]
    I found it: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4102
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

You probably killed their money ball and the game ended, and almost immediately after, an airstrike/bomb/firebase/etc killed your money ball causing both teams to win and loose.

A real tie is next to impossible because both teams money balls must have the same health and both teams must have the same amount of money.
  4. Terror

Terror New Member

Well today i was on a server where there was no ot and we won without doing any damage to their moneyball so not sure whats up.
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

If Moneyballs have even health, winners are based on cumulative earnings per team.
  6. Terror

Terror New Member

Ah didnt know that. Thanks.
  7. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I've seen this several times already. It's the only thing I'd count as a bug in my MNC experience so far.
  8. Rammite

Rammite New Member

But what if they have even health AND even earnings?
  9. Oscar

Oscar New Member

not possible.
  10. RockitLawnchair

RockitLawnchair New Member

*Not probable. It's very possible.
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

In that scenario, it's random.