Unbiased poll: Paper units

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by gunshin, November 3, 2013.

?

Time it takes to kill units and structures.

1. Units/Buildings need less health

7.1%
  2. Units/Buildings current health is fine

64.3%
  3. Units/Buildings have too much health

21.4%
  4. Units/Buildings should be changed in another way (post below with your thoughts)

7.1%
  1. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Edit: delete or lock this thread, i messed up with the poll and this thread now serves no real purpose, or at least, no more purpose than the original does.

Ok so with my inability to type straight 'Units/Buildings have too much health' should actually be 'Units/Buildings have too little health' tick this option if you want them to have more

So apparently Tatsujb suggested i should create a new poll since i kept calling his original one biased: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/poll-paper-units.53458/ there are some suggestions/discussion here, but continue it in this thread with an unbiased poll.

I currently feel unit health should be increased, but not by huge amounts. 3 shots from an ant to kill another ant seems pretty low. If you disagree, tell me why and post below! if you agree, also post your opinions on the matter! if you have other suggestions for how we could resolve the situation, or come to a nice agreement, post below too!
    Last edited: November 3, 2013
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

There's two options for "less health" ('less health' and 'have too much'). And no option for more health.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

ugh! no "more health" option, no "make the engaments longer option".

I would have loved it if you'd made a poll with more options that still apealed to the majority in the last, but you might as well have removed the "another way" poll option entirely, this poll has three options in favor of low health/short engagements (and I'm not even commenting on the lack of options for those who just think its about the duration not so much the HP) and one option for "other" no "up the damage/up the time". wow!

how is this fair when 70.2 percent of voters from the last poll can't find their suit here?
  4. gunshin

actually, like i stated before, your whole argument was based on more options = less bias. that is wrong, more options = more specificity. There was a couple keywords in the options that make them bias, not the options themself. My poll is actually far more specific and has no bias.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  5. gunshin

DAMN IT. i just realised my mistype! FUUUUU
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

7. tatsujb

oh well that makes more sense

make sure if you make a new one it doesn't put HP in the same basket as duration of engagement and number of shots fired. this way you don't alienate the entire community
  8. gunshin

Well i edited the original post at the very top so hopefully people realise what i said, unless a mod will be able to change it, i dont really want to remake the poll.
  9. tatsujb

this is not a solution you cannot alter your vote.
    lots of people will just click "other" and realise afterwards.

as for a mod editing the poll, if that were an option I'd have had it done on mine awhile ago.
    It looks like we should make a poll for poll options :D this way we can all come together on an agreement.
    Last edited: November 4, 2013
  10. gunshin

ok i agree for the poll for modifying polls, but your whole argument that i could see was about why you should edit it, not that you could not do it. as long as you understand the difference between bias and specificity, then everything is good.
  11. veta

veta Active Member

This is the worst poll I've ever seen.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  12. tatsujb

I think I may have corrected my understanding of those words by a small margin, yes. I agree that specificity is good, better than having a biased two-choice poll yes (you'll agree that I never argued to the contrary), but what I was trying to get at whith my poll what a clear cut difference if everyone was forced to pick a side, which one would it be? may not be great for them, but not half-bad, considering it gives Uber a semblance of a majority in the otherwise chaos.

do you see how my intention is : working in the dirrection of progress?
  13. gunshin

i was fine with how specific it was, that was never the problem, the problem to was adding the keywords/phrases of (yay POPCORN) which derogatised the first option and (simulated projectiles) which empahsised the second. (simulated projectiles) makes the biggest impact because one of the main features of the game is that it is a simulation, and this suggests it is not doing any simulating.
  14. tatsujb

hey I couldn't help it, I'd coined it and people had been picking up that expression all over the forum, I felt it was funny and would motivate the ones who cohersed around that idea..

close to none yea, how could it have the time to make any difference? I was being biased, yea but what I was getting at is that, if you're gonna have the engagements not use them.... then might as well not use them! take 'em out of the game! will sure save some server horsepower won't it?
  15. gunshin

how does how long it takes for a projectile to move have anything to do with whether the game is simulated? i understand you are now trolling because you lost the argument through logic and reasoning, but to continue by acting stupid?
  16. tatsujb

huh? no.
    I didn't mention projectile speed. I'm still talking about engagement duration.
    Last edited: November 4, 2013
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Report the thread, ask for it to be deleted and argue through PM.
  18. tatsujb

it'll sink to the bottom of the pile. no need to report.