Steam glitch?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by SneakinPanda, November 3, 2013.

1. SneakinPanda

SneakinPanda New Member

So i tried to load PA today and once it started connecting to ubernet it then said invalid steam ticket? Does anyone know what this means or how i get a new one? I played the game last night and it worked fine.
  2. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

Yeah I have been getting it to, it works on the second or third time launching the game. I believe its a known bug so for now just keep launching the game until it connects.
  3. ubermaugustine

ubermaugustine Uber Alumni

The Steam API that PA uses when you launch the game on Steam has been having higher error rates and slower response times than normal for the past couple of days. The "invalid Steam ticket" error means that the request to log you into PA using your Steam account failed.

This error usually goes away after retrying a few times and/or waiting a bit. Otherwise, you can launch the game with the UberNet launcher (get it at https://store.uberent.com/download/pa), which isn't directly affected by Steam outages.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General