AI Nukes....

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Stormworks, October 28, 2013.

1. Stormworks

Stormworks New Member

Love playing against computer as it would usually give me a little time to learn... but every time I play... AI nukes me in approx. 10-12 minutes. Is there going to be a slider adjustment for AI difficulty or an option to limit end game weapons? Just curious. Its challenging and I am getting a little quicker each time... but frustrating also. :)

Anyone else?
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yes, the AI is far from finished.

Mike
  3. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

The AI seems to have two plans:

A) Spam bombers/fighters and eventually nuke you
    or
    B) Spam bots and nuke you faster.

I'm sure in the future we'll get something better, but for now AI Is A Crapshoot .
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'm in the middle of revamping my Live Stream Index, but if you want to know more about some of the goals and how the AI works according to Uber you should Check out the January 10th Live Stream, it's got a segment on AI design and a goodly portion of the Q&A segment is AI focused.

Mike
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

There will be sliders for the AI in the future. AI still needs LOTS of work.

In the meantime, spam up anti nukes. :-/
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I've never really had a problem with the AI nuking me, I can always get up anti-nuke before they can nuke me, or get my commander safely off-planet. Then again, my first practice rounds were against an equally bad human player and the AI was dumber as well.

It does depend somewhat on the planet as well. AI seem to have a limited expansion range so if you are playing on a lava with a **** ton of metal concentrated around their start area, expect nukes much faster.

Personally I like playing on tropicals with enough water to make naval a viable choice, but still have enough land access to bring bots/tanks into play.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

AI won't build the nukes for a long time if the bots don't do any damage. Play on naval planets and they'll be paralyzed.
  8. hotrod92

hotrod92 New Member

I've never had the AI nuke me, ever. Even in games that last 45 minutes to an hour, all the AI will do is send bombers to me. It happened to me once that they sent bots to attack me, but even that turned into bombers after a while.

Of course, the AI is still far from being complete, so I'm not going to complain much about it.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Play with 9 AI at once - the AI seems to have a random set of behaviors. There are some times when it is less aggressive than others. I often have it so that there are less than 4 AI left in the game, and they all have well developed bases and are busy nuking each other/making exclusion zones with catapults/artillery, etc.

This is based on observation. It could just be that sometimes it glitches out and doesn't do anything
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  10. hotrod92

hotrod92 New Member

Yeah, I might try doing that. I played a game with 3 AI the other day, and they ended up fighting each other, but I never saw any hints of nukes at all throughout the hour-long game.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky though, who knows? I'll try it again when I have the time.
    stormingkiwi likes this.