Supported graphics cards and not

Discussion in 'Support!' started by k4trix, October 20, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes, but then it's need to be stored for example like spreadsheet on Google docs. There also need to be information of what version of game have problems, what exactly problems it's had, who reported it and when it's was confirmed last time.

Unfortunately plain text list is not informative at all. :(
  2. Verios44

Verios44 New Member

I get the same problems with my Radeon 6750m. So I just dont use those settings. Still works great for a 2011 card so I am happy for that at least.
  3. k4trix

k4trix Member

This is the role of the bug tracker xD.
    This topic is only indicative to players to know if the problem is coming from them.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's not, bugtracker is for tracking game bugs, not driver crashes and OS-specific faults.
    Also I do think your topic is good idea ;)

Probably you should get lot of feedback first and only then add cards in list because one person problems don't actually indicate problem with graphics card.

If you'll add cards just by one person report without any additional information, I totally sure after few days it's will looks like PA not working on any graphics cards. :D
  5. k4trix

k4trix Member

So you are away from reality xD, have you ever used it?
    You have a complete section only for the crashes (who are often related to graphics cars), and each bug is categorized by OS...
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Bug tracker not give answer on question like "Is there some problem with my GPU?" and also bug tracker lack of people who can do proper maintenance.

So if you have some time to made proper compatibility list it's cool, I just give few ideas. I'll happy to submit actual data to such list if you'll support it. :)
    Last edited: October 21, 2013
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Dude, SXX is one of the moderators on the bug tracker :p
    archcommander likes this.
  8. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I think we also need to look at what CPU, ram and OS is best suited for this game also. Does anyone else agree there should be a new thread for these details?
    alopex2lagopus and cdrkf like this.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi I tried to start a RAM requirements thread a while back. I've noted that PA loves ram- and that I think there is a set limit in terms of number / size of planets you can reasonably play on based on your ram (my main machine has 4gb, my much older laptop 8gb- and the laptop plays much larger maps comfortably).

I guess to do this we would need to make a set of 'benchmark solar systems' and distribute them for people to try. Or give out specs so they can make their own (the key is number and rads of planets). That way we could build a profile of what works on what. I guess as others have said the downside is that the game is changing allot at the moment so perhaps this is better to do later on once all the main features are in?
    archcommander likes this.
  10. asgo

asgo Member

Actually, the GPU topic (as a list) is easier because of these issues. For the GPU problematic the "size" of the game people are testing on isn't that much of a problem.
    CPU/RAM requirements are in a way easier and harder. Easier because in games it is (usually) more a question of strength/amount than specific versions or vendors. It's harder because the actual game scenario, in particular given the multitude of variables in PA, plays a bigger role for CPU/RAM and without a reference example (set) it's difficult to draw the line and even then it's more a question of degree in performance not a binary works/doesn't work.

PS: actually I would like to have a halfway automated benchmark run, which gives comparable results. It could even be some replay of a reference chronocam safe-game, which just has to be started on a Uber server
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

660ti . No problems.
  12. eltro102

eltro102 Member

7870 XT works perfectly

a list the inverse of this would probably be a better idea
  13. kaed43

kaed43 New Member

It seems Intel G41 has problems.
  14. niallator5872

niallator5872 New Member

Currently using an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M, and it's not working at all (not really surprised). Need suggestions for a good replacement.
  15. arbitraryranger

arbitraryranger Member

Nvidia 760 and it works great
  16. k4trix

k4trix Member

Any update from you guys :)?
  17. d3nn05

d3nn05 Member

amd 6950 twin frozr, no crashes but very low FPS 10-25 and sometimes up to 40( in the beginning of an match)
  18. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

7970 Ghz, It performs good for the most part. I get a lot of slow down in late game. I use max settings.
  19. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

I'm probably one of the only players with MSI's Superpipe Geforce GTX 285. Not only is the 285 considered the most powerful of the 200 series, but MSI's superpipe has the best stock cooling of the entire series too. My card is literally what started the Twin Frozr line. http://hothardware.com/News/MSI-Details-Its-Twin-Frozr-Cooling-System/

I have no problems and it runs like a dream too. It's old, sure, so I won't get as many frames as with a newer card on larger or multiple screens, but I don't ever get crashes running PA due to the GPU issues. Seems like it's either supported or at least does not belong in the not supported list.
  20. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

Geforce GT 650M - zero issues