2 months to release and the game feels like pre-alpha and is a letdown. Please delay the release.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by larse, October 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

A 2nd KS kind of has a sour taste.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  2. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Money is the exact reason why one would not release a steaming pile of crap..
  3. cola_colin

So you rather shut down development and not release at all?
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Because thats the only option left hey... No! Theres a few options left to get funds to make a game. If you release a steaming pile of crap because you "ran out of money" it could very well be the last game you release!
    Last edited: October 27, 2013
  5. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

Uber will not release a steaming pile of crap. My guess is the release will be sufficient to generate more sales and complete the extra features!
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I didn't mean to say that they would. I was talking generally.
  7. rick104547

rick104547 Member

After seeing what happened to a game called stardrive which was released way too soon i think its better for uber to delay the release. Reviewers are merciless and when ppl see a game getting a 4/10 they probably wont buy the game.

When you do release the game do it when the game is 'finished' and not a pre alpha. With finished i mean:
    A: Few bugs left
    B: Main features are in
    C: Good enough performance for most ppl

I myself am still stuck at 11 fps in the rare occasion i manage to start a game without a black screen. Reviewers will kill you if you release it in such a state.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  8. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

can you please try this if you haven't yet
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-performance-booster-v2.53233/
    i'm trying my best to assist people with low performance issues, i'm even working on a mac version for mac user's
    a few people have told me this has improved the gameplay lots and reduced crash outs and some other issues :)

Remember if you use this to have HDR and Anti-Aliasing Off in the game settings.
    Grimseff, Gorbles and cwarner7264 like this.
  9. cola_colin

If there are options left sure use them. But in many cases there are no options left. Let's hope PA is not in that kind of situation and/or makes a playable release in december.
    Personally I think PA is developing okay and will make it to a playable and fun game in december that will generate more income to go on with development.
    Grimseff and gabooo like this.
  10. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

And we all hope that that's true.
  11. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

No innovation? What are you smoking? No other RTS game has the capabilities to fight on a sphere, let alone multiple spheres.

This makes gameplay incredibly challenging and strategy intensive to have to defend all sides of your base.

Currently there is no set release date, nor will Uber release an incomplete game.
    Grimseff, Gorbles and LavaSnake like this.
  12. cola_colin

In a way all this talk is pretty weird anyway. PA IS released. Anyone can buy it right now and play. The only question is at what time the price will be dropped again.
    cwarner7264 and Quitch like this.
  13. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

ive got $120 invested so far, id be willing to give more. if they need more time that's fine with me im already enjoying the game and from what i been reading the last week from sorin and other devs, we have a lot coming including: he has the AI traveling to other planets, more units, more commanders, all the place holders being replaced with there polished finished items. come on guys dont assume this is a flop before you have seen ubers hand hit the table (there whole hand). patients
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

[​IMG]

Its likely everything after the 'Primary goal' will be post release.
  15. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Doubtful considering we already have naval units and water planets along with metal and lava planets.
  16. igncom1

But are they as close to being finished as the other biomes?
  17. godde

godde Well-Known Member

I think that the release should be delayed and that people that pre-ordered it should be able to join the beta.
  18. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Anyone who buys it can currently join the beta and play. I got the game and could start it up and play right now if I wanted.
  19. igncom1

When it comes down to it, they only promised to complete the features of the game that doesn't include the stretch goal stuff by launch.

So while we DO have naval stuff, and metal worlds they shouldn't be expected to be 'feature complete' at launch when compared to say, desert biomes and the UI.
  20. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

aaaa... No:confused:
    edit: The kickstarters stretch goals are included in the release.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.