Alliances are coming! What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by omniao, October 26, 2013.

?

Are you excited about "Alliances"?

1. No.

26.2%
  2. Yes.

73.8%
  1. omniao

omniao Active Member

What do you want to see in the new "Alliances" mode?
    Personally, I want to see trade routes or trading mexes for energy or units for supplies.
    Shall we see what you want to see?
    archcommander likes this.
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Personally I'll just be happy to be able to play on a team without having to share army/economy/etc with the teammate.
  3. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

^
    I am very happy that mode exists in this game!
    Thanks Uber!
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

That's a really nifty idea.

Help out your allies in need.
  5. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Unit gifting, resource gifting, same as in supcom really. Not much else to ask for.

Oh, and multiple planet starting locations, but there really needs to be a better way to invade planets before that though, unit cannons etc..
    archcommander, tatsujb and Arachnis like this.
  6. omniao

omniao Active Member

Multiple planet starting locations would be awesome, but you could say, this team spawns there, or this persone spawns here.
    Also, I was thinking what if you could buy and sell land deeds or airspace? If they add airspace they should have special turrets that can shoot anything in your airspace. (This sounds OP but the turrets should be expensive or you would have to buy airspace.
  7. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Kind of a civilization type trading so you can trade X mex/energy for X amount of time or trade it all at once

And make a alliance (defense pact) so you are basically the same team you just don't share eco but are against the same enemies etc
  8. evolvexxx

evolvexxx Member

But I don't want alliances to substitute the actual team based game...
    I want to save the day of my allies!!!
  9. zeekepoo

zeekepoo New Member

I love it! It can get pretty agitating when your ally takes up almost all of your power/metal... (But that team based gametype shouldn't be taken away)
    Perhaps gifting buildings, or units to another player?
    And ulciscor, I believe they are working on unit cannons. Not sure when they will be released though. :)
  10. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I dunno about land and airspace, but for me having a team scattered across multiple planets would be very, VERY interesting... Especially if you get a scenario like such;

"I'm getting pounded over here! I need help!"
    "Your commander's off-world, right?"
    "Yea, why?..."
    *KLAXONS*, Moon crash
    "Problem solved."
    "...Thanks?"
  11. omniao

omniao Active Member

What if you could trade units for units or units for energy or mexes, or mexes for energy
  12. zeekepoo

zeekepoo New Member

That would be good too!
  13. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I'd just like it to be a way to mark (or unmark) another player as an ally so your units don't attack them. Your eco should stay yours (at least for the most part) because shared eco is what the team armies is for. It might be useful to be able to give units or amounts of eco to an ally but I'm not sure how that would be controlled.
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Wonder how random alliance team games will work in PA. This was my favorite way to play TA, well assuming players had similar skill levels.

But with the random start positions it will be pretty hard to set up I would imagine.

But yeah marking, sharing Eco and units would be great if implemented. Especially ones like +setshareenergy in TA.
  15. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

What if you could become a team mid-game or share resources for a time as an option?

Another thought I had was how do you avoid backstabbing tactics with changeable alliances? There were other rts games that figured a way to avoid that wasn't there?
    LavaSnake likes this.