Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Don't think so.
  2. SinProtocol

SinProtocol New Member

Transportation/ invasion of planets is obviously on peoples minds as more and more interplanetary battles occur. while space combat is ruled out, I did have an idea which relates to platforms. Is it feasible to have a way to construct platforms, and at a high cost launch them into space after building on them? they could then be connected in space and landed all at once to make a firebase. Essentially you would have a large, EXPENSIVE construction pad which you would actually build on, however for balance make it incapable of holding T2 factories (unless multiple construction pads are constructed joined together? random/balance). I could foresee people building platforms full of point defense, anti nukes, anti air, catapults, anything and everything. another way to balance it is to require the platforms to have their own power requirement (keep metal shared), meaning you could land the golden armada for all anyone cares, but take out a few power generators and severely cripple the invaders chances of success. My only alternate to this is to give engineers a second building tree that must be manually switched to that they can build right on orbital launchers. they may be more expensive and can only move smaller buildings, but once in space can have a specified landing zone, essentially build a firebase on the planet and have a button on the side to synchronize their landing (something to the affect of volley fire vs fire at will). If there is an already developed thread for platforms and this topic apologies, I'm not well known for my search abilities!
    Arachnis and LavaSnake like this.
  3. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

Thats a shame i was so hoping to wash the units of my army by crashing a moon in the sea =)
  4. leomac

leomac New Member

I'm new to these forums, so pardon me if I'm writing to wrong thread. Will be elliptic orbits allowed? They present in system editor, but ingame they are replaced by usual cirlcular ones.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

As far as I'm aware off-hand it's something they want to do, but currently as the system functions pretty well as-is it might be a bit before ellipticals can climb the priority list.

Mike
  6. aexsar

aexsar New Member

I'd like to eventually see some more options when generating solar systems. Being able to adjust orbit speed would be nice, as perhaps having a slider for rotation speed while orbiting. I'm sure this would increase the amount of calculations needed in game, but would add a little more customization when creating a system.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  7. justynk

justynk New Member

I dont want to piss on anyones dreams, but that's what you guys kind of did taking away space battles which would make no sense. If we are able to send commanders into space make avengers why can't we make bigger space ships to defend our planets or even make massive invasions with them, so please reconsider that again.
  8. KNight

We have had way too many threads on this topic, try looking into some of those.

Mike
    LavaSnake likes this.
  9. skywalkerpl

skywalkerpl Member

Isn't that implemented already?
  10. KNight

Whoops I thought I missed something. Having to re-organize everything after the new forums software messed up posting limits and such.

Mike
  11. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Actually, I'd say it's partially implemented. Uber has said that they need to work on improving it.
  12. timberwolf1777

timberwolf1777 New Member

(Note: This is an altered copy & paste of a post I made in an outdated thread)

I first want to say that I haven't been this excited for a new computer game in about a decade and haven't had this much fun playing one since SupCom FA. I am already addicted to the beta version, limited as it is. A Big Thank you Uber.

Just a confirmation of something that I have searched for but have found no posting despite a couple hours of reading and searches. (I am probably just too much of a forum n00b to find it and apologize if it has been covered somewhere) I can only assume that selectable spawn locations for both players and AI will be implemented. I tend to play against the AI a lot and like to have a sustained challenge from them. Right now, they all spawn on the same planet as I do and I can't select to start them on other planets yet. They often very quickly will kill me unless I launch my Commander off-world and then, since they don't follow, I inevitably win. I am sure their AI will be improved to allow them to expand to other planets but was also wondering if I will be able to set up a system where each player (Human or AI) will each start alone on a planet. I would love to be able to select the AI players' different spawn locations across the solar systems. Thanks.
  13. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

This thread got unstickied... has it fallen out of grace?
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. KNight

Would be news to me.

Mike
  15. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

16. KNight

Yeah I dunno man, months ago Brad was asking if I was going to do some updates, and such and I have been doing some, especially with the now up to date Live Stream Index, but yeah I never got a reply to that and now this has happened out of the blue so I've sent a second follow up hoping to figure out what's happened.

Mike
  17. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Maybe stickies just expire, or just a simple mis-click.

I'm hoping to hear some word from Uber about talking UI with the community.
    They are at less than 5% of what the community has asked for, and that's very unnerving.
  18. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

Bump for mods to re-sticky?
  19. KNight

20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

re - bumb ... realy should be re-stickyed ...