1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I know this seems almost silly but it seems almost as though the loop button is voluntarily not being implemented.
    so I have to ask. is this volutary?

If so we we need to debate this.

in the case where it is "not urgent" and "can be done last" I think this needs more thought. it definately needs a place in the UI. this require a bit of time and effort. not that much admittedly, but it still has to be thought out.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Loop button? What loop button?
  3. tatsujb

this one
    dfszes.jpg
    the one on the factory.
    shootall and SXX like this.
  4. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

What makes you think this is voluntary?
  5. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

To be honest I've never used it an don't see it as being a "high priority" item. More of a simple convenience.

It shouldn't be something that should be implemented immediately. I would expect that it may show up(if implemented) in November.
  6. tatsujb

sometimes the community in this forum makes me feel like I'm in an asylum.

try it => get mind blown + stop preaching heresy
    Last edited: October 21, 2013
    Culverin likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You have never used it? Have you ever done a single t1 spam in FA? How? :eek:

Seriously since we can modify the batchsize it's kinda okay right. Doesnt really matter if I say "make endless loop tanks" or "make 10k tanks"
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Ah yes. I believe the infinite build is a confirmed feature.
  9. tatsujb

Props to your batch mod BTW, it's never left my side and I couldn't have made it throught the alpha and beta without it.
    But you know whats lacking here don't you? : being able to set a percentage on each unit.

...and you need this early on, not when you have 20 factories, allowing you to set percentages precicely, each factory only producing one type of unit.
    what about smaller fronts, economy raiding parties? formed from one bot fac and one land fac, no more.

you need percentages on that.
    zaphodx likes this.
  10. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Its usefull in some cases (Like when you have only one factory and you wanna mix in one anti air bot with every 4 normal bots).

But generaly it isent realy that needed (Later you get more factories, so you can build bots with 4 factories and aa bots with 1 factory).

I see no reason not to include it, since as i said "Its usefull in some cases".
  11. tatsujb

do you guys like, line up at free whipping stands on your off-time or something? or you're more classic, you don't need assistance or company, you just press your hand against the hot plate for hours, yea?

LOOP FTFW !
  12. cola_colin

it might be possible to mod something that kinda emulates the possibility for this. However I am hesitant to try as uber might add the loop function at any time.
  13. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yes this is essential and I'm sure it will be added. I do however think it would be nice to add this soon.

Supcom is a different game that allowed it to be possible NOT to use it - I would like to point out that SirLoui, arguably the most prolific Supcom champion ever, often played without using repeat build. I believe Zlo also doesn't use it. It allows you to be more flexible and reactionary at the cost of more micro. However with the scale of PA I don't think this is a possibility.
  14. cola_colin

There is no reasonable reason not to use repeat build and factory "copy what that other factory is doing"-support (another _GREAT_ feature of FA). If you want to change your production you can just disable it whenever you want. So wtf about loui and zlo not using it?
  15. sovietpride

sovietpride Member

I imagine because it's something along the lines of "I'll just check on the state of my production every X amount of time as opposed to forgetting about it".
    Not uncommon that I see people forgetting their t1 factories are still producing stuff when t3 has been on the field for a while. Besides, some people love to control everything.
    Options there. Nobodies forcing anyone to use it if they don't want to.
  16. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

You should note that basic units are cheap and spammable. I see no reason why you should stop producing basic units once you get an advanced economy.

If your only building advanced units to attack, you either need massive amounts of factories or you need to wait a long time between attacks. Its much better to have just a few advanced units spread out and protected with a swarm of basic units.
  17. sienihemmo

sienihemmo New Member

I agree, there's really no reason to stop producing cheap basic units even if you could move on to something more advanced, especially when Uber has stated one of their main goals to be unit balance so that all units remain viable troughout the game.
  18. tatsujb

I might be outa line here, but I think Zlo couldn't be bothered not to use loop, I mean sure he may not have required it on some very small 1v1s, but really it's just so cheap to just tap that button once the first 10 heated minutes are over and focus on the more general picture.
  19. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Slightly off-topic, but what's with all the "______ hasn't been implemented yet, so obviously they don't plan to implement it" talk going on lately?

Mike
  20. tatsujb

there has? I may not be searching enough but I thought I was alone in this behaviour. plus it's :
    I use the words "seems almost as though" I don't think I know any better what they want, I'm just making a stantement on what it looks like to me, not even hypothesizing yet.