Why does the tank?...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Pluberus, January 14, 2011.

1. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

So I just tried tank and LOL. Why does tank have awesome defense, an awesome long range weapon, an awesome close range weapon, awesome skills, AND decent mobility?

No wonder so many people play tank on MNC PC. :shock:

I think I may have found my new "main". ;)
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I'm not very good with the tank, but it's a BLAST to play.

If I get into a match late, I will pick tank just to have some fun before it's over.

That's not to say I don't have fun while playing as a Support though. I am generally more serious when I'm a Support. :|
  3. Stryfe

Stryfe New Member

The tank's weakness is midrange, as in, just outside the range of the flamethrower
  4. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Ah, so that's its weakness. :lol: Doesn't seem that big of a problem because of its mobility.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Playing on both XBox and PC Assaults just eat the Tank up at mid-range. The PC version has far less good Assault players and not to mention the players aren't as aggressive. The Tank is an aggressive force and when used to his full potential can be quite the handful for anyone.
  6. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Rail Gun + Product Grenade > Assault. :cool:
  7. velo

velo New Member

Only at extreme distances, and even then Assault can still put the hurt on with the Grenade Launcher. At mid-ish range, a good Assault should be besting a good Tank in straight-up combat.
  8. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Meh, I'm not really having trouble with Assaults.

Can't believe I didn't really try tank until now. :shock:
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Dare I say this but the reason you aren't having trouble with Assaults is simply because you haven't played against a good one. Sunny Dove is an example of a good Assault.
  10. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Come to the EU servers (namely places like Racquemis's servers). Then complain about players with no skill. :p
  11. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Oh ****. It's Global Agenda all over again. :lol:
  12. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

I second that notion. :lol:

PS: I play a mean Assault by the way.
  13. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

Wow, you must have played with me on one of the rare occasions I stomp as assault. I don't play him often and I really feel like it's the most awkward class for me to play. After I get home from work, I'm planning on posting a 17-2 assault game. It just feels so painful watching myself play assault :| but I am comparing myself to my buddy Xeno. Anyway, I'm much more comfortable with tank or support. When I do play assault, my main goal is to pester the other team's best pros. Level 3 bomb is great for forcing them back or an easy ring out.
  14. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

About the only class that the tank can truly roflstomp is the assassin.
  15. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I disagree, the tank is a highly mobile and versatile class suited for either close combat or long range engagement, 3 railshots on the common sniper loadouts are quite easy with golden RoF, you got the product grenade which is just pure cash, you got a charge with knockdown and deathblossom.

Anytime a competent tank enters the field it's all "where does it stop" time.
  16. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

What?

If that's true, then I must be playing with some hardcore baddies - I'm not having trouble with any particular class. Snipers might kill me a bit more than other classes, but for the most part I can own and get owned by every class equally. :D
  17. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I'm not saying that you can't beat other classes, just that the assassin is probably the one class the tank is truly a hard counter to.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

a good tank vs a good assault, the assault should win, with this bomb his run away, his AR at mid range he will widdle you down and win, gunner vs tank, gunner will destroy you at mid range no questions asked, if you get a lucky charge on him you will win more then likely, it all depends on the player not the class.
  19. ParadoxD

ParadoxD New Member

Oh hai derr Plub