Indestructible (and untargetable) commander bug

Discussion in 'Support!' started by eukanuba, October 20, 2013.

1. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I've played two games on this map, and in both cases the commander that spawned in the water could not be targeted by enemy forces. The first game was a 1v1v1, and the second a 1v1. In the first game another player spawned in the water and both the third player and I were unable to even shoot at his commander.

In the second game I played 1v1 with the previously-invincible-commander player, and I spawned in the water. My commander could not be targeted by his units, except for a submarine that he made. Looks as if spawning underwater sets some sort of flag on the commander that means he is treated as an underwater unit perhaps? Anyway, just in case it's map specific, a screenshot is attached.

I've added this to the bug tracker http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=2550&order=history&sort=desc

Attached Files:

2. Arazu

Arazu New Member

The commander is amphibious, he can go into the water at any point, and I believe this "invulnerability" is normal as he is technically underwater, and naval hasn't been completely finished yet.
  3. eukanuba

No, I mean the commander is walking around on land and nothing will target him, either automatically or manually.
  4. Arazu

Arazu New Member

Ah, sorry, you didn't mention that this still occurred after leaving the water. This is definitely a bug then :)
  5. eukanuba

I could have been clearer, I've updated the bugtracker to avoid confusion. :)
  6. neilherzog

neilherzog New Member

I had the same issue in a 1v1v1 game yesterday. Nukes and torpedo launchers were effective in damaging the affected commander (who had spawned in water) but not much else.

Comment added to bug tracker :)
  7. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

I know it does not really add to the conversation to just say "I've experienced this bug too", but I've experienced this bug too. I will say that it has only occurred with that new crab/spider commander. In other words, sometimes the spidercrab commander can be invulnerable to everything except nukes it seems.
  8. kryten42

kryten42 Member

I had that issue several times now, with AI and with real multiplayer. It seems not only to affect commanders spawned in water, but any comm who comes out of the water(not totally sure about this though).

It seems like he is not getting out of the "in water" mode when going on land again. Bombers can still shoot it, as naval units can with torpedos (which wont hit anything on land though)..nukes seem to work too.
    But any land unit is unable to shoot it....very annoying.