Snipers and assassins.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by HungryAntman, August 11, 2010.

1. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

From what I've seen from non dev game play vids, Teams are 90% assassins and snipers.

Nothing is going to curb stomp this game harder than a whole bunch of "mLG xXxSnIpErx420xXx" Players.

I REALLY hope this doesn't become a norm.
  2. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

2/6 people playing Sniper or Assassin is not overkill. If try-hard snipers and ninjas were indicative of competitive play, Shadowrun's community would have died out a long time ago.
  3. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Anymore than 1 Assassin/Sniper per team put the team in a bad state. They have their uses, But 1 of each can fill those uses. The perfect team would be one the has one of every class.

I'd love to see a Crossfire mode that limits 1 class per team.
  4. Sengoku no Maou

Cut that out. This ain't Team Fortress. ;)
  5. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

No, It's a class base game. Not "MlG xXxSiCKxSniPZxXx" Montage maker.
  6. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

I can see why most ppl play assassin and sniper

1. SNIPER OMG!!! -camp and shoot-

2. OMG ASSASSIN IS SO COOL!! -runs in and gives the other team kills and doesnt help at all-

Reminds me of BC2 where people just camp and snipe as recon and dont do anything else... at all.... not even spot.
  7. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Exactly. Assassins and snipers are near to zero credit to team when they play that way. And most people are going to play those classes just for the reasons you listed.
  8. Rebz

Rebz New Member

Which videos are you talking about exactly? I've seen a max of 2 snipers/ 2 assassins on each team in all of the non dev videos I've seen. And i don't see a problem with it as long as the snipers aren't just sitting on the same ledge the whole game just having sniper vs sniper battles. Scathis and Shadowstorm were both snipers in the videos that Smitty posted and they both did pretty dang good.
  9. Proven

Proven New Member

Same problem happens in TF2. People start playing one of the offensive classes, get wrecked, and then pick a class that won't get shot at as much, which happens to usually be the assassination classes.

Plus there's all the people that like the idea of being an Assassin from movies and other games, and Snipers don't have to be explained. So that's even more people switching.

I just hope this game doesn't become like TF2 where if half your team becomes assassination type classes, your team will lose 99% of the time.
  10. Sengoku no Maou

This is starting to sound more like you play with randoms instead of people you know. I've never had this problem in any class or "race" (read: Shadowrun) based shooter. If the other team is stupid enough to live by such an edict, it's no skin off my nose.
  11. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

lol, awesome post.

Play with peeps you know and you avoid the issue.

Quite frankly, with Halo:Reach and a new Call of Duty around the corner, I'm not worried about mLg-ers of the world having the described impact. Their time will be focused elsewhere...where the real world money is, no matter how appealing shooting the *&%% out of the MNC mascot may be. :cool:
  12. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I won't be touching sniper or assassin at first so me playing assault, tank and gunner should help the balance a bit :lol:

Snipers in any shooter are usually the ones thought after if they are ever limits, assassins and sneaky classes too, once players have had their fun of being dominated by tanks and other classes they can go change!
  13. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

I think im going to play blitz first and try out each class and get used to them, then going to crossfire to try them too, I see myself constantly switching classes every game XD (I also want that MNC T-Shirt =D)

I see myself playing assassin the most though, im a really good infiltrator/invader.
  14. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

You just can't write off this problem with "Play with your buddies". Its not that simple. Sure I have friends that I play with, and they will probably get the game. But not everyone has that option. You have to make it fun for the people who are playing with randoms most of the time too.
  15. Sengoku no Maou

I already have. If others wish to be stubborn and stupid, it's not my problem.
  16. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

Playing last night, I think one game we had an Assassin, but mostly we had Assault, Tank and Gunner.

Though the other team had a really good Sniper... as I found out repeatedly.
  17. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Then why post in the first place?
  18. Sengoku no Maou

I could ask the same of you as your complaining will not solve your problems.
  19. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Not complaining. Seeing as it hasn't happened yet, I'm just concerned from what has been presented. I know this is all confusing for you; Maybe you should try going back to the Halo forums.
  20. Sengoku no Maou

I don't play halo. If you're going to through around childish insults, please try at least.