What do you want to see soonish, or anytime soon? Feedback for Devs.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xanoxis, September 28, 2013.

1. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Ctrl+N
    sneakymousetrap likes this.
  2. christopherschultz

christopherschultz New Member

Factories that can fab-to-assist. Just like fab-to-patrol, except that the unit assists another unit once built. Best example I can think of: dedicating a factory to the production of fab vehicles that follow a "master builder" around building things in order. I can give the master builder 500 things to do, then tell a factory to churn-out help for that guy. Then I don't have to micro-manage the construction of those 500 things.

Perhaps this is supposed to work already, but it doesn't -- at least not in the way I expected it to work.
  3. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

I'm less worried about the game now, soon or anytime soon after.
    I just want the game, on launch to kick some serious ***.
    I want it to take the gaming world by storm.
    And I want the reviews to reflect that.

What I would like to see is some dialogue in terms of the UI.
    Every new person on the forum asks about the lack of UI features.
    And those that are not new have been piling on the suggestions.

But so far, it's been rather quiet from Uber.
    I'm in no rush for this either. I'm just hoping that it does come when Uber is ready for it.

But I want to see the community start deciding on the their top priorities too.
    Uber cannot build everything on our wishlist. They don't have the budget for it.
    So much of this is on us, the community to have a unified voice.
  4. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Ubiquitous performance/AI aside;

-Metal locations not spawning in glitched/unusable locations. (Air-only points in craters, on hills might be nice so long as they're not bugged.)
    -Unit cannons/interplanetary nukes.
    -Default lobby generation always including at least 1 moon.
    -Showing red->yellow->green dot per player in the lobby listing so players can prove they're waiting to load to green, and not just AFK.
  5. hdroadking

hdroadking New Member

- Adjustable waypoints
    - Multi monitor support
  6. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I'd like to be able to filter land/air/naval/orbital units and then further into unit types.
    A drop down box of some description in the ui would probably do it.

I'd like a planet buster bomb. You build a big drill, drill to the core and drop a bomb in it. Bye bye planet.

Inter Planetary Nukes.

Larger scale transports for planetary assaults

Tri purpose vehicles that turn from subs into planes then orbital fighters then back.

Orbital Bombers.

Orbital Factories.

Build your own death star.

Planet extractors that tap the molten core of a planet (if it has one)for energy and metal.

Amphibious bots.

Cloaking.

Nuclear Subs.
  7. xpl0s10n

xpl0s10n New Member

One word.... LAN .. or is that 3 words?
  8. relena

relena New Member

I'd like to see gas giants and units specific to them. And of course the unit cannons and interplanetary nukes and artillery on moons to hit a planet. The typical go big or go home sort of stuff. :D

Looking forward to AI that can use orbital too.
  9. genouious

genouious Member

Definitely more orbital, as it just isn't enjoyable right now, and submarines to actually function properly, regular and nuclear. Also stealth units would be a nice addition.
  10. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Effective planet assualt units.
  11. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

The Scale so far has been a worry. The limit to 1200 scale planets the other day was another worry. I did run a 2000 scale earth template and it worked fine with multiplayers in. Yet the planet didn't feel that big in the end. A planet say 4 or 5 times bigger would probably be enough. Then maybe it will be ahead of its time and get the longevity desired.
  12. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

you have got to be f****** kidding me right?
  13. unconsumable

unconsumable New Member

On that topic, some rough info about the planetsize and count should be available in the games browser.
  14. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

Now, now. No need for hysterics.

I am of the opinion that small-ish planets like we've had now are fine - even scale 4 worlds feel massive to me - because the goal of the game is for the fight to escalate and become too big for one world to contain. On that subject, though, an editor UI tip that shows the scale of the planet at a given radius would be a tremendously helpful too.

This is important, if only in the short term, to stop from wandering into a lobby with an 11-planet system and crashing in the lobby pre-load phase.
  15. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

1. Performance.
    2. Units to help with planetary invasion. (transport etc..)
    3. Terrain objects, choke points etc.
  16. Reflexx85

Reflexx85 Member

What I would like to see... is just one engine, to move a planet, it's size and time to build determined by the size of the planetiod itself, this would remove the need for many engines.
  17. Guni

Guni New Member

Is the unit cannon still planned for release, would make invading an enemy controlled planet a lot easier.... and cooler.
  18. dhasenan

dhasenan New Member

I'd like to see planets being rendered. Small things.
  19. soldier365212

soldier365212 New Member

we need something done about the AI unit builds the reasoning is I had to flee a planet and build on the moon cuz the AI pushed me off planet but when I returned they had hundreds of air units built and nothing else also I learned it is very difficult to conduct a planetary invasion of these fortified planest because you cant transport troops to the planet only builders im hoping a remedy has been planned already but I figured I would make it known just in case
  20. soldier365212

soldier365212 New Member

in response to the planet spinning problem I had the same thing happen I figured out u have to keep the mouse on the planet in order to zoom if the mouse is off the planet as we found out it spins