Faction #2 Naming Sub-Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

?

What Should Faction #2's Name Be?

Poll closed October 17, 2013.
  1. The Inquisitors

55 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. The Assimilators

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Followers of the Foundry

125 vote(s)
    57.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Hey, guys! As Jon just mentioned in the faction naming thread, we're going to expand the voting options for the names. You've come up with a lot of great suggestions, and we wanted to make more names get properly thrown into the mix.

Think of this as a sub-poll. In this thread, we've listed three community-created names. Vote for the one you like the best. At our discretion, we'll combine one or two of them into the main poll in a couple of days, expanding the options for folks.

Thanks for participating in this effort as a whole, by the way -- this game wouldn't be possible without you and we deeply appreciate that.
    Gorbles, LavaSnake and archcommander like this.
  2. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Followers of the Foundry has my vote.

And brad (and neutrino) : you're awesome for doing this!
    LavaSnake and archcommander like this.
  3. thechessknight

thechessknight Member

I voted "Followers of the Foundry" hopefully it will be combined to say something like "Followers of the Creator".
  4. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

nope, i'm still in favor of "the illuminates", i'll pass.
  5. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

Followers of the foundry is growing on me. Rising from the slag as a pure metallic race set on showing the universe the true mettle of their robotic dominance.
  6. LordTarius

LordTarius New Member

I think "Followers of the Creator" would be a better title. I think "god" gets used too often and here we have a unique opportunity to make a "religion" that is at least somewhat different(even if based upon) than any other random religion in the world.
  7. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

You got that right! It's not even knocking what was offered its just synergetic that we added to what was given, not taken away from it.
    One of the names is very Borg-like but it didn't get my vote. I went for the Foundry one as there is a lot of depth to it.
    Last edited: October 15, 2013
    LavaSnake likes this.
  8. lapantouflemagic

shouldn't we fuse the two polls ? i pretty sure a lot of people voted in both.

well i guess "followers of the foundry" is fine if the leader is first follower malach, but i'm not sure it will be the result.
  9. slavetoinsurance

slavetoinsurance Member

You guys are cool cats for doing this. I wasn't sure between The Inquisitors and Followers of the Foundry, but went with the latter. It's sort of cool, the idea of a "holy foundry."
    archcommander likes this.
  10. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Followers of the Foundry, I don't think it sounds very cool. If you short it down it would be FotF or FF. I would like a name with Cyber, Network, Collective something with a robot vibe.

A clear purpose for example the United Commander Collective the UCC. Like supreme commander the UEF-United Earth Federation., simply the human earth faction. The purpose and name of the factio are simple to see.

Faction themes
    Faction 1 Legonis Machina - Invictus
    This faction is centered around it's leader. The strongest will rule. (AN. I dunno if this fits)

Faction 2 (maybe Followers of the Foundry, The Enlighted)
    This faction strives to follow the footsteps of the creators.

Faction 3
    Just wants to consume or destroy the galaxy

Faction 4
    1 for all and all for 1, a giant collective of commanders

I'd like a different mentality for every faction. Picking a faction name is vital to make this obvious. The opposing views will make sure there will always be an eternal war. It wil also make be more fun then just 4 factions with cool names. That fight for no reason.

EDIT: I read the entire post of "BradNickolson" in the "Faction #2 - Faction Naming Poll" and I learned that the factions will have themes.
    Last edited: October 16, 2013
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Followers of the Foundry gets my vote.

But it's going to seem a little weird if the faction name is FoF and the Commander is Inquisitor Zor, as current polling suggests.
    Because wouldn't it make more sense for the faction name to then be The Inquisitors ?
    FoF would suggests that First Follower Mallach would be more appropriate.
    mrpete and lapantouflemagic like this.
  12. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

Of these options, I liked the Followers of the Foundry better, though it clouds the clarity in characterizing these contraptions' convictions of a capable celestial creature.

Put simply, that the Followers of the Foundry in fact follow the Founder, not a Foundry, finds me floundering in feeling fastened faultlessly to the fully formed faith of these free thinking fabricated fellows.
    slavetoinsurance likes this.
  13. slavetoinsurance

slavetoinsurance Member

Not bad.
  14. lapantouflemagic

yes, that makes thinks kind of awkard, plus they aren't made in foundries anyway, they're probably build with nanolathes or whatever's the green stuff used to build everything else is called.
  15. little

little New Member

Out of those the followers get my vote. The other ones just remind me of some of the Counter-Strike clans I met in clanwars when I was 15... no thank you. Generic and boring.
    archcommander likes this.
  16. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

That may be how they are created now, but that doesn't require them to have been created that way originally.

Kinda like how some folks in modern society opine about ye olde days, yet cannot also fathom how horrible they were. An idealized past, chock full of nostalgia, can be a powerful motivating image for a crusade. You can even blame your opponents for forcing you to adopt new technologies and processes instead of being able to spend time living out your days as you would prefer. :D
  17. gnarlytrader

gnarlytrader New Member

Can't for inquisitors because that reminds me of warhammer, and the FotF is too much, so assimilators is the pick.
  18. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

These names are okay, but I still feel that we can do better.
    ViolentMind likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.