Faction #2 - Faction Naming Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, October 15, 2013.

?

What Should Faction #2's Name Be?

1. Followers of the Founder

131 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Temple of the First

208 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. The Enlightened

434 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Army of the Creator

172 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I like the Followers of the Founder, because I like alliteration, rolls off the tongue. But apparently it's the least popular name :p

Oh well, the currently winning name, The Enlightened, is a pretty good religious zealot faction name, so I'm cool with it.
    dukyduke likes this.
  2. sactus

sactus New Member

I chose Followers of the Founder. For a logical thinking machine in the given story, this is what they are and machines have no need for names much, other than logical descriptive ones. I can already hear the narration of First Follower Malach talking about the Followers of the Founder. It just suits.
    dukyduke likes this.
  3. gnarlytrader

gnarlytrader New Member

Why would machines call themselves a cheesy name? Maybe something like HiveNet or Brain or something... logical, smart, and not cheesy.

I can't make up a vote.
  4. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

I have to agree. There are a lot of missed opportunities with those polls. Having a free discussion, like in symbol thread, would be more interesting and would lead to better results.
  5. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Crossposting from the Leader thread:

bleh. i saw this coming.

Can we ditch the stereotypical "convert or die" mentality? it's been to death, reanimated, struck with a stake, reanimated, burned, reanimated to an ash golem, again struck, again reanimated, nuked from orbit, reanimated, asteroid crashed into it, reanimated, Death Star fired at it, reanimated, thrown into a black hole, blown up the black hole and ended with the universe itself.

and reanimated.

First of all the machine God. cool story and all, but i prefer something to what the Cylons of Battlestar Galactica had. A god that has god-like properties like compassion and love. Not just "smite your foes because death". Why not have this NOT be a cult? why not have it be robots who learned of this creator, but when revealing this to other commanders, the other feared or ridiculed them? why not have the opposers be the bad guys?

I feel like none of the names truly stick and none of them feel like they have impact or significance. The lesser of four evils is The Enlightened
  6. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Don't really like any of the names.

Perhaps Founders Loyalists or something along that line better matches their profile.
    I also like Followers of the First someone else mentioned.
  7. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

This idea is so clever in its word magic I want it somehow added to the lore! Do it, do it now! Lol. Seriously this is a great idea and hope they read it. :)
  8. nebulafox

nebulafox Member

The names are quite cheesy. The ones suggested in this thread sound way better.
  9. little

little New Member

Mh, I don't like any of those all too much. They all seem a bit too bland and cheesy for me. I am withholding my vote for now.
  10. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

I have to agree, the faction name suggestions aren't great. I love the faction leader names though.

I can't say I have great suggestions for a faction name, but hopefully these can inspire someone else to make a great suggestion: Vox Conditor (Voice of the Founder in Latin, because it sounds cool) Voz de Dios (Voice of God in Spanish to go in line with a Spanish inquisition theme), The Messengers, or The Founder's Crusade.
    pizwitch likes this.
  11. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Would it be inappropriate to call them "The Church" (such as "Church of Founder")? Even if Church is unacceptable term, I want to see kind of peaceful (even though that is hypocritical) name than the army of god. Something like "Children of the Founder"...
    Last edited: October 15, 2013
  12. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

"How do you enlighten a machine?
    With an orbital laser bombardment."
    chronoblip, Devak and dukyduke like this.
  13. allot

allot Member

Each one but "The Enlightened" sounds cheesy imo. And I think sticking to the theme of latin would be nice.
    My latin isn't that good but something like
    "Lux Prime"
    Great light.
    Mattymooz likes this.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Romanes Eunt Domus
  15. radtoo

radtoo Member

Abstaining and suggesting to find better names. The names in the poll are really rather bad. Various names brought up in this thread that people made up on the spot are better.
    metalmunki likes this.
  16. verloren

verloren New Member

what about 'Apparatus Fraternitatil' (Machine Brotherhood in English, kinda like the Muslim Brotherhood ) sound?
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  17. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

woulda liked Army Of Kraytor myself but enlightened is still good i suppose :D
  18. metalmunki

metalmunki New Member

They are all pretty terrible. How about The Founders? Rather than the Followers of the Founders?
  19. metalmunki

metalmunki New Member

I disagree, as I don't think all should be Latin as it implies similar origins. These factions are at war, they should be like night and day in theme. One Latin one is plenty.
  20. sovietpride

sovietpride Member

None of the above.
    Simply
    "The Core"
    D=
    bluestrike01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.