Banning rage quitters.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Doglasde0519, January 14, 2011.

1. Doglasde0519

Doglasde0519 New Member

I'm sure it's been said, but I'd like to see a penalty for rage quitters. Banning them from play for a period of time.

If you're going to lose, at least do it with a little dignity. Not like I do :lol: .
  2. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I don't care about ragequitters.
  3. Flawed

Flawed New Member

How do you tell a rage quitter from someone whose xbox took a crap or is having connection problems or whose HOUSE IS ON FIRE!?!?!

Not all quits are rage quits and without the ability to distinguish between them, you can't punish rage quitters

EDIT: Also, rage quiiters don't bother me all that much in short games like this, as opposed to games like LFD2
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I'm sure if their house was on fire the time penalty wouldn't bother them...
    :ugeek:
  5. Private RyanO89

Private RyanO89 New Member

The only time i hate rage quitters is when ther host........
  6. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

stop crushing the same team time and time again
  7. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

Don't punish people who quit , Just make sure the brave valiant pro's who stay behind when the rest of their team take an early shower have a good reason not to follow them right out of the match.

I would like the dev's to figure out a power up or juice boost when a team is getting pummeled by superior numbers, nothing balance shifting, just something empowering enough to make an inevitable defeat feel just that little bit epic, heroic and worthwhile.
  8. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

I would be really nice if the matchmaking could match up numbers based on average rank or something...and if there is a team of players on one side, then the other would get preference for new high ranking single players...or something like that. Far too often a team gets stacked with high ranks while another gets shafted.
  9. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

match party's of players with other parties of players
  10. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Ban rage quitters... really...
    There is a whole plethora of reasons as to why a person may be quitting or leaving the game. Stop being so egotistic and you'd perhaps see that you're not the reason everyone is quitting. And if you were the reason somebody was quitting, you need to ask yourself were you spawn killing; killing low levels; playing with cheap tactics; or any other foul play. Because if you are, perhaps these people aren't so much rage quitting as they are just looking for a game where they can have fun rather than you spoiling it.

To lower the amount of rage quitting, I'd like to see how Monday Night Combat balances teams. Because at the moment as pointed out, it seems all the high levels go to one team and the low levels on the other. And as suggested, perhaps it's required that there is a Crossfire, Team Crossfire and Private Crossfire so all players get games that can accurately portray their interests.
  11. oskie

oskie New Member

I agree
  12. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

What's really annoying is when Insoluble Fluff has just started sarcastically congratulating his terrible teammates and, as you're sitting back laughing looking forward to what else he has to say to them, the host quits. Someone somewhere should definitely be banned for that.

http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6184
  13. Doglasde0519

Doglasde0519 New Member

I'm not talking about banning them for life. just a brief period of time if it happens often enough. like ban them for 20 minutes if they quit five times in a day.

Also, come on. I know when people are rage quitting. When my team is losing and half of them leave, I know they're rage quiting.

I do think a slight boost in the rate at which you get juice or something might be the better option though. Something to even up the odds when you're outnumbered.
  14. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Banning rage quitters for long or short periods is still wrong. If a person is not having fun and are fed up of being killed in stupid situations, then why penalize them for searching for fun?

Moot, I only sarcastically congratulate people when I either get an okay K/D ratio and huge amounts of money from killing all the bots, or if I join a game and I am the only one killing people that are trying to destroy our money ball. It's only when I am doing all the hard work for the team and all they have to do is point and shoot every now and then but fail to do so. It's hardly wrong for me to be angered by incompetence. I'm not saying that if I got 30 - 0 and everyone else got 1 - 14 I'd be angry at them, most of the time I have to tell my friends to leave people like that alone because they're new to the game. It's when I am doing all the work and I literally require just a few people to maybe shoot a gunner or heal a turret, or even build a turret.
  15. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Leaver protection system usually means hosts choosing not to allow people over a given "leaving before match end" percentage, so most of the time you can still ragequit a bit if you get thrown in a terrible team, or have connection issue, or whatever... just don't make it an habit if you want to play on thoses servers where the matchs quality is often better.
  16. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Hey I totally understand and thought it was very funny and entirely justified. Your team had been truly terrible. I was just upset the host quit so I couldn't hear the whole thing.

On topic, proper team balance would mean way less rage quitting. See the link I posted below.