PA.exe has stopped working (2)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by anthonyb256, October 13, 2013.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This functionality not work for PA anyway, but might give player false positive feeling like they don't need to check settings anymore.

My opinion is: people who playing on PC need to basically understand how their hardware work, at least they need to keep in mind that drivers updates are required. I do think that automation tools need to be only recommend to users who already understand those basics.

Otherwise if automatic tool failed for some reason user will never able to fix the problem. I think you already seen enough people who tried to update drivers though Windows update or some other updater. Installation of drivers and game configuration it's not rocket science after all. :p

PS: Also I'm totally sure if Nvidia were 100% sure this their thing work better on all possible hardware they'll just install it with all drivers automatically. For some reason they are not yet doing so, I guess this is because there is configurations where it's won't work or will cause problems.
    Last edited: October 13, 2013
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well obviousy they're not quite there yet, it wouldn't work for our friend here that has locked drivers but they are probably able to distribute it to everyone who doesn't.
    and I agree with you about the people should uderstand how their hardware works, I posted about tha, remember how that went (btw I gotta congratulate you on saying that out loud and not getting tapped on the fingers :p)
    but I as a guy who knows his stuff find it convenient because it helps me make my memory even worse by doing the update reminders. ^=^
  3. anthonyb256

anthonyb256 New Member

Hi,

Ok, given from what I've seen in this thread I guess the only thing stopping me from playing the game is my (very) outdated graphics driver versions. I think I might do a bit of fiddling with my bios and stuff to see if I can install a more up to date one ;)

Anthony
  4. anthonyb256

anthonyb256 New Member

Right, I'm searching for updated drivers and bios hack tutorials etc. browsed through a lot of pages and haven't seen anything for just updating them to the latest yet (i.e. not bundled, just being able to almost separate the drivers to update them as if they were individual; seen a couple of people say it's possible through this mysterious bios hack but haven't seen a tutorial for it yet), so if anyone comes across anything, please let me know! :)
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You might try clean Windows re-install, this might be software problem.

I'm also have one question: is your BIOS have option to disable integrated graphics card?
  6. anthonyb256

anthonyb256 New Member

I could try a clean windows reinstall, however this would be on the bottom of my list of things because I have a lot of data and things on my SSD which I don't want to lose!
    Just went into my BIOS, and unfortunately it appears not (it's an insyde H2O bios). This is probably part of the VT which isn't enabled on my vaio series, and is also part of what is enabled through this BIOS hack apparently.

Thanks,

Anthony
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As long as I understand it's possible to install Windows 7 on USB stick and then run it from this stick. Probably it's will be quite slow, but should be enough to check if driver installer working or not. You only need some 16GB usb stick and a bit of Google-fu :)

Nope, VT related to visualization and not something what you need. Anyway it's worth try. ;)