Change Monitor

Discussion in 'Support!' started by chareon, October 13, 2013.

1. chareon

chareon New Member

How do you change the monitor that the game uses when in full screen view? I can't seem to find any way in-game or out to select a display.
  2. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

I think the game uses the monitor wich is set as your primary windows monitor.
  3. fergie

fergie Member

It should be set in by your OS. you will have a primary and secondary monitor.

So i have two monitors, one does not have a task bar, that is the secondary....you should be able to go into your device manager and change up what monitor is primary .
  4. chareon

chareon New Member

Sorry, I should have clarified more, as I run a 3 display surround configuration. I have likely figured out the problem however. I suspect that instead of using a true fullscreen setting they are faking it with "borderless window". This causes it to render on a single display as I have the desktop setup to consider each display a separate boundary for maximizing windows. Unfortunately the only solution I can see here is for the devs to add a true fullscreen mode so that those of us with a more complicated setup can still play in fullscreen. For now it's back to windowed I guess.

TL;DR - Devs please add a true fullscreen mode so that those of us with slightly more complicated setups can also play the game properly.
    Last edited: October 14, 2013
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I dont think such a mode is planned, as it was stated that a real fullscreen has no advantages and I cant see them indeed.
    I have a setup with screens of a different height, so I don't use this kind of configuration as much, but it is quite possible to make it work on 3 screens with "extended" desktops:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is achieved with a fullscreen script ( this is autoitv3, but it can be done in other languages like this) like this:

#include <WinAPI.au3>
    #include <Constants.au3>
    #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
    WinMove("Planetary Annihilation", "", -8-1280, -8, 1936+1280+1280, 1024)

$h = WinGetHandle("Planetary Annihilation")
    $iOldStyle = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($h, $GWL_STYLE)
    $iNewStyle = BitXOr($iOldStyle, 0xC00000);$WS_BORDER;0xC40000
    _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($h, $GWL_STYLE, $iNewStyle)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowPos($h, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_FRAMECHANGED, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE))

So if it all Uber should allow users to customize the borderless fullscreen a bit.
  6. chareon

chareon New Member

Yeah, it's been awhile since I looked into it, but it looks like SLI supports borderless window modes now, and Crossfire sort of does sometimes (yay AMD drivers...), so there are definitely less issues with going solely in that direction. Having to script the game just to make it playable currently however is a bit of a downer, but acceptable for a beta. (Just make sure to find some sort of a solution before release please!)

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the script! I'll give it a shot later today.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

To me the borderless fullscreen is a welcome present, as it is far easier to handle when you are playing the game on the mainscreen while having other stuff around it. ;)