Ships range- to short?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Qosmius, October 11, 2013.

1. Qosmius

Qosmius Member

currently i feel that the ships range for advanced tech is to short for the direct fire ones.

the simple tech looks ok, but i feel that the ships movement speed is to fast compared to its range. the advanced tech battleship should have huge range but it doesnt, it is a slow hulk but as it seems right now it gets outclassed since the boats move so fast that the tiny range it has is to no good use. it cannot open fire until the other enemy units are crashing into it almost
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yeah the battleship seems completely outclassed by t1 bluebottles imo. None of it's really balanced yet of course.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  3. piquedram

piquedram New Member

the last patch improved the basic ships, but according to the patch notes the advanced ones will get a pass in the next patch. There is hope yet! :)
  4. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the leviathan will be differentiated somehow from the bluebottle other than just having increased hp/dmg/range. I posted in the unit suggestion forums that it should be changed to a dumb-fire rocket barrage ship instead, just to have something at least a little different. It would be awesome to see dozens(or hundreds) of low/med damage rockets raining down across a base hitting everything, instead of just another BFG(big f***ing gun) pounding things. This would also make it mostly worthless against enemy ships, which means the bluebottle is still useful.

Edit: To clarify, the stringray would be a single fire, precision missile ship, the leviathan would be an inaccurate, area bombardment/siege ship. You could add a third anti-ship battleship that has slow-firing, massive damage railguns, but then the bluebottle is less useful.