A way to make Free-For-All games work?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eukanuba, August 20, 2012.

1. empyreanguard

empyreanguard Member

This method is just... AWESOOOME!!! :D :cool:
  2. mrfox12

mrfox12 New Member

this is a great idea but what if you its anywhere from 5-10 players? and you make an alliance with 2 of the guys and take out two. That covers the minimum 5 if you are all alligned and dont know if there are more or not the game could possibly not end.
    SO I THINK:
    There should be a diplomacy option where people the bots wont automatically attack eachother and when diplomacy is made you see other buildings and things like in team battles. But when all of the players are killed but the alliance it announces
    "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS KILLED ALL OTHERS. YOUR CURRENT ALLIANCE IS BROKEN"

AND THEN ANOTHER WAR BEGINS.

This make putting bases together challenging and a lot of other fun complexities a game should have
  3. mrfox12

mrfox12 New Member

When you say Jumping in without knowing how many planets there will be will be impossible once you are in. One cuz you can zoom out into planetary view to see everything and two because they say there will be a mini-map
  4. fergie

fergie Member

This goes along with my RvB FFA idea, where your units are blue, and all other players in the FFA are seen as Red and visa versa.....you have no idea who is who, or if that is this guys base or that guys proxy base or what :)
    eukanuba likes this.
  5. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

None of this will work until a few things are fixed, first planetary attacks need to be easier to do, rather then just spam orbitals, some way of launching units onto a planet. No fiddly **** either, load the units into the transport, click launch, then click the planet. Make a ferry option or something, click all the units, and load them all up.
    Umbrellas would take out these one shot transports if they fly over the base.

Another thing that needs to happen, is metal points need to be concentrated and not all over the place to give people something to fight over. Terrain and choke points need to be looked at, so it becomes vital to hold them, and worth it.

But yeah i agree, when all is said and done, multiple planet starting locations would be a good thing. I think the ability to get a base down on the enemy planet, would also be great. Maybe a HUGE ferry that transports actual factorys, and buildings, and instantly sets them up (or after a few seconds)
  6. thetallestone

thetallestone Member

Yes. Bring on the blind FFA ladder!

I am really in favor of this because it uses procedural generation to a distinct advantage. Yes it would be possible to sort-of rig games. But it wouldn't always work, you wouldn't ALWAYS be able to get in to the same game and if you and your sneaky team mate don't start on the same planet then it's going to be a while before you can meaningfully help each other anyway.

FFA is never going to be a perfect game mode, but this would help a lot.