Join Us For Another Livestream This Friday!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, October 7, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

That would be very nice :)
    elwyn, liltbrockie and zihuatanejo like this.
  2. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it?! I asked garat about modding it, and he said ultimately the hooks required to write a mod for doing that are not there, the mod would need access to the C++ code itself. In the end I felt it would be best to wait to see what Uber do with the their roam command. If it is a random search, then I'll probably write the mod. Was going to knock up a quick sphere using OpenGL and try and nail the math down ;) Who knows, maybe I will!
  3. diskawrs

diskawrs Member

"When will the headless server be release if any and what platform will the binaries be compiled on?"
    I love hosting and developing mods for game servers for communities and friends, very interested in this. Also what kind of resources are we looking at?
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Will there be an option to have multiplie starting planets, if so is there an ETA?
  5. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Where are we in development and what else is there to do?

A few practical questions concerning the game running on lower spec machines, different cpu architectures and different OS' and how this side of coding is shaping up... oh and the server side work - what about all these more technical things? I am running the game on Faildows, I mean Windows, but plan to build a Linux gaming machine (there was a day people would have laughed at you for putting the two in one sentence) but will be new to the OS. Will it be straightforward using the game in say Ubuntu or Mint and what kind of spec of machine should one have as a minimum/medium/average?
  6. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I got a question,and not going be negative:)
    What will we have about ui interface.

How we will be able to manage, all view on a planet,between micro units(ground -air-Naval) ,eco and attack targets in other side off a planet ,or other planets (asteroides) at same time?
    What ideas you guys have about this?

I mean micro Naval ,air,ground,resources ,and other asteroides with an easy view,that alowed us to manage all ,in the best way possible,many off us are really worry about this.

Wy you guys dont like commander upgrades?(like nano suite or t1 or t2 advanced builds,or missil guides,double gun rate fire ,increase double fire with double range,nano suit shields with upgrades to leval 1 -2 and 3) or other things to send commander to battle with army.

Sry the bad english.
    Last edited: October 11, 2013
    archcommander likes this.
  7. archcommander

This then ?
    http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/pdt.html
  8. duhreaper

duhreaper Member

also will there need to be certain size asteroid/moons to destroy planets, like we have a huge planet like the size of a gas giant and a tiny asteroid will the tiny asteroid be able to blow up the huge planet or just about like a quarter of it or something?
  9. Devak

Devak Post Master General

(impersonating mr. torgue)
    EXPLOSION NOISE!
  10. fergie

fergie Member

Any plans to create more match types?

One that would be pretty fun would be "Space Race" everyone starts on the same planet, the object is to land on a distant "roid" and secure an area or lost artifact etc, maybe a special unit has to be in place for 2 mins or something.

sure there are tons of other ideas of types of game play people could make up
    bradaz85, thetallestone and lokiCML like this.
  11. thetallestone

thetallestone Member

Will there be alterable patrol/move points (i,e, the shift-drag of previous games in the genre that allowed one to edit commands AFTER they had been made).?

What UI improvements are headed our way?

What more is going to be happening on the Air front?
    bradaz85 likes this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Please could we have a few responses to some of the ideas raised in Neutrino's unit ideas thread? Which ones have made you guys go away and talk about them? Which ones had you rolling on the floor laughing? Which ones are cool but unfeasible?

Obviously it's not reasonable to respond to each one but it would be good to hear some feedback on a few :)
  13. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Neutrino's unit thread is in the backers forum thus being classed "backers only", its not impossible that they would respond to it in a public livechat, but it is unlikely.
  14. archcommander

I second that. Also what about the other unit thought experiment (I really shouldn't bring up by name here)? ;)
    Last edited: October 11, 2013
  15. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I would like to know what the minimum ping is for smooth gameplay? If you don't know exactly now, what is the goal? 400ms or less?

(Assuming client has sufficient bandwidth)
  16. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Could you guys tell us what is at the top of the To Do list? (aside from the standard bug fixing and optimization)
  17. workerbee

workerbee New Member

9PM GMT so

Brad, your fans are planetary, post time in other timezones when you post these updates please!
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe he just edited it in, but there is a link to the worldtimeclock in the OP.
    archcommander likes this.
  19. archcommander

Looking at it I think that link was there from the start... I needlessly gave the link somewhere in the thread I think. Doh! :/
  20. thequantummechanic

thequantummechanic New Member

I would like to know if it will be possible to simply change the orbit of a planet, rather than smash it into another. This would allow for a planet to be used as a mobile invasion/weapons platform, which would be awesome.