Assassin ninja star spamming!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by blueberrybacon, January 13, 2011.

1. blueberrybacon

blueberrybacon New Member

I have been playing MNC a lot and absolutely love it. I hope to see many more maps and other types of competitive game play besides the moneyball soon.

My only complaint is the ninja star spam that takes place in game. They bounce off everything and go on forever. If this isn't enough, you don't even have to click multiple times to spam them. Just hold down the fire button and they are all released, reloaded and firing again in an endless cycle of spam! I hate seeing a match turn into this, with multiple sins on each team just sending endless streams of stars at each other from around corners.

Personal I think they need to be looked at and changed. Limit the range, take out the bouncing off everything, have some kind of cool down/downtime between clips, and or make it so you have to click each one. I don't hate assassins or want them nerfed, I just think the endless bouncing star spam is lame.
  2. Providence

Providence New Member

Only problem I have with it is when assassins do it from far away on moneyball. You chase them, they run away, come back and do it again. It's an endless cycle and easily abused so that your moneyball shield never restores.
  3. faits

faits New Member

So you don't want the assassin nerfed, just their shurikens?
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I hate gunners with their minigun. I hate they have mortars. They got jets too.
    Snipers have trap and flak, smg AND sniper? Definitely OP

Don't get me started on support.

Tanks? yup, nerf 'em.

Sorry, but I don't see the shuriken as a problem. They are rarely used, but they can be effective if the opponent is near death. I think a smart player would find a way to avoid them and outsmart the assassin. I don't see how the shuriken can be so overpowered that you are trapped to leave certain doom; or at least that's what you're making it out to be.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

2nd best way to down a moneyball quickly, abusable from all kinds of angles and ranges.

Assassins slashing the moneyball make me laugh.
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Not what I meant. He's talking about combat situations. As far as moneyball attacking, shurikens are necessary imho. Sword slashing is retarded.
  7. grimbar

grimbar New Member

His supposed changes would adversely affect the way shurikens work regarding the moneyball, taking away the assassin's sneaky way (aka nobody even looks at the moneyball and steady stream of shurikens from out of nowhere) of demolishing the moneyball is taking away one of it's - as I see it - key roles in this game apart from controlling bot lanes.
  8. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

This is the only problem I have with shurikens. Well said.
  9. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Okay, but the OP didn't state that. His reason to nerf the shuriken is ridiculous. You guys sort of have a point. I didn't state that they were a useless weapon neither. It's just stupid to just go shooting it randomly in hallways all the time expecting a kill. Shuriken vs moneyball is definitely deadly and amazing.

However, his supposed changes would hurt the shuriken too much. Assassins would have to go for moneyball damage with the sword and that would be retarded. Actually, I think the whole shuriken thing is not that big of deal myself. Reason why is because I can easily notice those pesky shurikens flying into our moneyball. Not only that, but it make a loud "electric" sound to let you know it's being hit. If people don't seek to remedy the shuriken problem, then of course the assassin will be back. That's what assassins do.
  10. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

This pretty much sums it up. Assassins that run builds and focus on spamming shurkens aren't much of a threat at all. There's a L90+ assassin that has played this way from L1 and he's the best of the best at doing this sort of stuff and he's still basically free kills. It will tear up a team of new players, but it really isn't that viable in the metagame of MNC.
  11. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

Though I don't think the shurikens are super annoying, if they get into closed places (like spelunky? cola arena corridors) where they can bounce fast it's hell of a spam since it doesn't seem to be limited, also they can do some insane damage to the moneyball while juiced (but that's only fair since everything does good damage while juiced) though I think
    that any shots taken outside the moneyball perimeter( you know that circle area) should have reduced damage in general.
  12. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I think it's rather strange how the assasin is so good at ranged moneyball killing, but I guess they need a selling point too. You'd think that the ability to brush the moneyball from stealth to keep it down would be powerful enough, but no: they had to give the melee class (one of?) the best ranged moneyball killing power :p.
  13. Super Joe

Super Joe New Member

The only issue I have with the shurikens is that an Assassin can hold their juice, and say the game goes into overtime, run up to the money ball, activate their juice, and within seconds with the game. That is particularly annoying if the team that ends up winning because of it is actually the team that has been getting pretty much steam rolled the entire time.
  14. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Don't even need to go in overtime, assassins can sneak and survive easilly enough in the base to make sure the moneyball never gets its shield back up once it's down by shooting at it from places where it will be extremely hard for other players to reach her. Even if she gets killed at some point she can be back fast enough to poke the moneyball and deny the shield, and if she doesn't get killed she will chain juice and destroy everything in the base.

It's actually a quite big issue imo, saw only one assassin doing that so far but basically once the shield is down it's game over for the other team, she will keep sneaking to the base to prevent the shield from coming back and slowly but surely burn that moneyball.
  15. Providence

Providence New Member

^ What can be done about this?
  16. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I just posted a topic with a suggestion that might be relevant. I was wondering if I should post is in this topics, but I decided a new topic would be clearer.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6359