PA Beta gentlemens ladder

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cola_colin, June 21, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

2. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

Done. Thanks for your help.
  3. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

I do not see most of the top players using the ladder anymore. may be they are just waiting for the official ranking system from Uber in game?

because of this, I do not see the ladder reflected true skill anymore. hence no point in submitting score results!
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Probably because the strategic icon zoom severely hampers trying to play at any effective level.
  5. cola_colin

I don't play much currently mostly because I am too annoyed by the icon problems, just like ZaphodX said.
    But keep sending scores if you want, the more people send data the more accurate it is ;)
  6. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Ok finaly posting here, not sure it'll get me the help I need but here goes:

I've had tremendous issues loading the flash applet for the ladder. It's only ever managed to load a couple time for me since I joined it a couple weeks ago (and clopse has to register me then since I couldn't load it myself)
    I tried with Chrome/Firefox/IE in normal and private sessions, Also tried from work which uses foreign proxies and same issues there. I also cleared my browser cache it wasn't any help. Flash is up to date on all my browsers. Also tried through web proxies.
    I can access the page but am just greeted with the "Loading ..." screen. I've been told it can be slow to load, but trust me, I have waited but nothing happens. Currently at work, and again "Loading..."

Does anyone have an idea of what I could do to finally load this reliably?

This is really annoying as the few wins I get, I can't upload.
    For instance, I have a win from last night that needs uploading. Maybe TheDBP can submit it for me?
    Infrabasse win vs duhreaper
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc...7EF17FEB12566A21C56F24/2048x1152.resizedimage

got it upped by clopse, thanks mate :)

I'd rather be able to up that myself but it's just impossible for me.

I have pm'ed thedbp a couple days ago but no reply at this point
    Last edited: October 11, 2013
  7. cola_colin

Weird. It's slow sometimes but generally it works.
    So it doesnt work for you no matter on what computer you are? No matter what network? Wtf?!
    Why does it work for everyone else in that case? There has to be something that breaks it for you.
  8. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Yeah I don't get it. It has worked a couple times at home without any change to my configuration but those were just 2 lucky times out of many many more failed attempts
  9. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

10. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

man i want uber to make ladder already, this ladder is dead. So hard to find games now adays
    zaphodx likes this.
  11. cola_colin

I agree.
    Stupid timezones. I always see you asking for games when I start my workday. :S
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Can you explain what you mean?
    totalannihilation likes this.
  13. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

This happened before recent updates. You zoomed out a little and your strategic icons appear. You zoomed out a little more and they went away again. This meant that you could only get a strategic overview of a small portion of the planet. On larger planets it got so bad that units disappeared before you could notice the curvature of the planet.
    Quitch likes this.
  14. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

liquius, is correct. Still no ladder. Everything still feels dead in comparison to alpha competition. I can feel the skill seeping out of my fingers. Its been so long since I've managed to get a game v.s. anyone decent because this ladder has died and uber has yet to create one. QQ
    zaphodx likes this.
  15. liquius

There are other people in the same situation. The best advice I can give you is to join an active community.
  16. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Can you explain why wall reclaiming is an exploit?
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I think it's fixed now but you could repair with a single engineer and reclaim with 10 to get infinite resources.
  18. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Wow
  19. centralsrutinizer

centralsrutinizer New Member

I am sorry I am being lazy here but when PA is released will there be a ladder for it? I remember playing on Case's, Kali. Then Boneyards and Phonexi workz. I loved it, made it so much more interesting playing people. H0tR0d was always up on the top so it seemed.
  20. liquius

Yes there will.