Beta Build: 54757

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 5, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Just played a game for real and the icons really need fixing. You could say without them I feel blind. The units = the icons to me and if you remove the icons I go "wtf where are my units? Did a nuke hit me? Oh I am just zoomed out/in too much"

I didnt really notice the size changes on the levellers, too. The icon is the same size after all xD

It seems I play above the "no icons" zoom level usually. So I zoom out too much quite a lot now.
    fergie likes this.
  2. occusoj

occusoj Active Member

Strat icons et al are not ideal now to be honest. The icons for all other units just go away at some point when zooming out. This is not comfortable to play.

Suggestion for a quick shortterm solution: Make some hotkeys to enable straticons for either land, orbitals or both. Small icons in UI show whats actually beeing displayed.

Pathfinding is, mildly put, unreliable.
    Its worse than alpha cause there I could at least estimate where units are going to glitch, now it happens everywhere and seemingly at random.
    Ive had tanks just rubbing around each other in the middle of a move order over flat terrain.
    Fabbers running away from the building in a straight line until they get stuck somewhere. Thats on open terrain.
    Tanks glitching on coasts, forming giant bugballs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfObmLWxTEQ&f

First in video you see two fab bots just running away from their building. They built all the factories you see just fine but at some point went bust. The green arrows for orders can be seen, pointing to the factory they should build.
    Then a short switch to that bugball that formed on the cost. Tanks driving to a set collection point, directly out of factories. When manually removing that ball, tanks produced afterwards form it again. Happens with normal move orders too, just didnt capture it on video
    After that, scrolling over to another fabber that ran away at the beginning of the game during a build order. I wondered where it disappeared and found him by accident, stuck on that terrain feature.
    And finally, the two bots that ran away in the first scene got stuck.
  3. greendiamond

greendiamond Active Member

that annoying moment when you think you just landed on an empty planet when suddenly

[​IMG]
  4. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

Hopefully there will be better assault options later on. As of now, it's difficult to invade any taken planets.
  5. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

The only thing we really need is a filter system for the icons, production/ground/air/orbital. Simple checkboxes would seriously suffice. The current system doesn't work very well and only prohibits getting a good overview of the planet. Having this limited amount of zooming range is very annoying.
  6. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

What we need is a seperate UI for orbital units...

(Or better just remove them so we can concentrate on glorious ground battles. :cool:)
  7. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

I want to report a bug:
    In a game yesterday i had a problem with killing an enemys commander.

Non of my ground units could attack him. neither with "autoattack" while moving, nor with an attack command by rightclicking on the com.
    As well my ships wont fire at him (he was of course in range).

Only my bombers and my own commander could attack him.
    Is that a known bug? Did anyone had this one before me?
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Was he in deep water?
  9. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

No, he was on land.
  10. urablahblah

urablahblah Member

I have had that problem before as well several versions ago. I eventually had to nuke him, but not after he waltzed through my base just because he could. I couldn't ever reproduce the effect though.
  11. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

any feedback from the devs on the upcoming patch.
    u got us used to daily patches in beta then stopped, this is evil!
    fergie and liltbrockie like this.
  12. thepyro13

thepyro13 Member

I hope they didn't get burned out from the ridiculous patch throughput last week.
  13. moldez

moldez Active Member

... maybe something BIG is comin ? o_O .. again
  14. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

I would rather little and often than waiting for something big!
  15. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I would rather they fix the gameplay problems we are having now with the icons and bombers and then take their sweet *** time with the big stuff.
  16. fergie

fergie Member

I agree 100%

I was really expecting a patch on Tuesday, figured they would take in all the new data over the weekend, fiddle with it on Monday and push something out Tuesday......wonder whats going on.... they must be wanting to wait for the livestream