Request for Clan Forum to clean up the General Forum

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by ares331, October 5, 2013.

1. ares331

ares331 Member

Put it to a vote! I look @ it like this. If you make a forum for clans, we will be able coordinate more 5v5's. The more 5v5's we have the more interest the game is going to get because the battles will be on an epic scale. People dont want to hop on twitch and see ladder 1v1's and someone getting crushed by a thousand ants....they want to see a planet annihilating another or all out nuclear warfare.

Regards,
    Ares331​
  2. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

3. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Thanks.
  4. ares331

ares331 Member

5. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

While we're suggesting new sub-forums, I was curious what the difference is between "General Discussion" "Beta Discussion" and "Backers Lounge". I find myself flipping through all 3 forums for information/discussion and they all seem to have the same topics being posted in them... Seems like it would be easier to just have them all as one giant PA General Discussion forum, since people discuss the same thing (the game) in all of them.

Edit: Also people are discussing topics that were brought up in the backers forum in general discussion and people are having to constantly link them to the previous discussion to avoid rehashing the same things over and over again.
    gunshin likes this.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Don't do that, it makes you look very pretentious.

General Discussion is......General Discussion, the Backer's Lounge in General Discussion that only backers can access, and Beta Discussion is where anything Beta should be going.

way back when the Backer's Lounge was new and we started getting a lot of topics that didn't need to be limited to backers I talked to Garat about it, basically came down to it's working how we want and we don't want to limit people in posting as I recall it. There were a lot of ways proposed to help keep the Backer's Lounge useful without it being a Second more limited General Discussion but well, yeah nothing ever happened to it.

Mike
  7. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Alright, I guess that makes sense. Its just confusing trying to figure out where to post when making a new thread. I don't post new threads very often, but judging by the spread of posts everywhere, I imagine I'm not the only confused one.
    gunshin likes this.
  8. KNight

Well the point was that it actually doesn't make sense, but as to where things go it's simple.

If it deals with the Beta Directly, it goes into the Beta Discussion.

If it deals with information or anything that was released to Backer's only then in goes into the Baker's Lounge

Everything else goes in General Discussion.

Mike
  9. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I've popped over to the beta and backers from time to time – not much happens there. Especially since most everything about Beta gets discussed here.

However, clans is pretty different than general/gameplay/beta/strategy/etc.

There wouldn't be much overlap with those.
  10. brianpurkiss

Maybe we could also add a "crashing/not working/slow/bug/etc" forum.

Sure, people will post in the wrong area. But there will be people who post in the right areas.

And the general discussion will be less cluttered by "PA not working" posts. We can also have plenty of sticky posts to help people with bug reports. Not everyone will read them, but some will and that'll cut down on those types of posts.
  11. KNight

We already do, it's the Beta Forum.

A General Tech support forum is likely to wait until release, you don't want Alpha/Beta stuff to mix with your Release stuff like that.

Mike
  12. ares331

ares331 Member

Yeah...w/e you say. I'm going to continue to bump it because it's a matter than can be fixed in less than a min.

Regards,
    Ares331​
  13. KNight

Well take it from someone who has already talked to Garat about new subforums, there is more to it than just the time it takes to set the subforums up.

Mike
  14. brianpurkiss

That's news to me about crashes and stuff being in the beta forum.

It kinda makes sense, but no one really understands that.
    archcommander likes this.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I can see the value of a "Looking For Clans / Matchingmaking" sub, but no technical support sub for now. That's called the Beta Sub forum. If you're playing the game, you have access, and that's the right place to ask about bugs, get help on playing, etc.

I'll talk to Brad in a bit and see if he has any thoughts on a LFC/MM sub. I'm not opposed to it - it seems logical, and not unduly fracturing to the community.
    brianpurkiss and archcommander like this.
  16. KNight

I wouldn't really bother with the MM aspect of it to be honest, it might be useful now it it isn't really once there are Ladder and other fleshed out system available in game.

Mike
  17. garat

Well, mostly for the LFC component. Near term, if it's also used for MM, it's not a bad place, and it keeps general from getting cluttered up.
  18. KNight

Assuming threads find there way there somehow. ;p

Mike
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  19. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

You guys actually participate on the forums, give feedback, and highlight good points the community makes.
    Uber guys respond and our suggestions actually get considered and sometimes implemented.
    I think your participation is what helps to drive and steer a happy community.

Take a look at the MechWarrior Online forums.
    The exact opposite is true.
    And the community is practically in open riot there.

You guys coming "down" and hanging with us makes us a happy bunch.
    And a happy bunch gets along :)
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  20. garat

And the reason I'm rabidly against simply adding more forums is - the more subs there are, the harder it is for us to have the time to participate in them. :) I generally only like to make new subs once there is a clear necessity for them. Necessary fracturing is fine. Unnecessary is bad, mmkay? :)
    cwarner7264 likes this.