WPMarshall's 1v1 'Into The Beta' Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wpmarshall, October 2, 2013.

1. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Are there going to be referees? if there is we could use the current system to have them host the games and the same solar system for all the players :) as when you play a game the last map you played on is in your solar system editor so the referees would just have to save that map and host the game with it when we wanted to play :) then blow them self's up to watch the game ^^
  2. darac

darac Active Member

You can set your country/city on the tournament site and it'll adjust the time displayed to your local time.
  3. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

Yep, Perth is 11 p.m., Brisbane, 1 a.m.
  4. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

So, when is this party getting started? :p

Also, where will the matches be organized? Here?: http://www.esper.net/publicirc.php

Also: Is it necessary to download any mods, tracking systems or other items for the purposes of game reporting? And if not, do we post game results here in this thread? Thanks!
  5. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

on the 11th: http://pa-tournaments.com/tournament/70
  6. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

Quite right, lol. For some reason I thought the tourney was starting this weekend. Still curious as to my other Qs though. :D
    Last edited: October 4, 2013
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Well folks, the slots are now full up! Over the next few days I will be sorting out the tables. Many thanks for joining and your support. I hope you enjoy it next week!
  8. fergie

fergie Member

damn it filled up fast....no tourney for me, maybe next time heh
  9. wpmarshall

There will likely be another one after this one finishes. Though I'm not sure whether it will be a 'serious' or 'casual' i.e. if there will be a prize or not.
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

You could have a provisional 32 with the option of 64 if we get enough people. Don't wanna step on your toes but there is nearly a full week left. If under 80% of the 64 sign up use the first 32.
  11. wpmarshall

I didn't think 64 was an option, but I'll talk to Oxide tomorrow and see :)
  12. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

As the only Canadian player in this 1v1 I shall do my best to create peace for the universe be blowing all of you up horribly ^^ Sorry if that will inconvenience anyone. :)
  13. wpmarshall

fergie likes this.
  14. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

3 pm UTC on friday is still bit early, can we start 2 hours later?^^
  15. wpmarshall

That's the time that games can be played FROM, you have the entire weekend to play the first round games. just because it starts then doesn't mean that all the games have to be played immediately, do not worry, you have time.
  16. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Its probably a good idea to highlight that information. Too many people have asked, and I have come across people who say they want to enter but can't because of the starting time.
  17. wpmarshall

Done.
  18. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

Wow this is cool. This tournament is going to be truly massive. Massive planetary annihilation at its best!
  19. fergie

fergie Member

Awesome! Signed up, will be my first Tournament! Thanks for expanding it, and glad to see that there is enough interest to see it expanded.

How is seeding done? is it random? or based of a players current rankings on PA Matches Ladder? 1 v 64, 2v 63, etc or something else?
  20. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

Was tempted then saw Godde is playing.....getting back into the game now my rig is up and running. But don't have as much time to practice and need to practice on the new Beta changes