Request for Clan Forum to clean up the General Forum

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by ares331, October 5, 2013.

1. ares331

ares331 Member

I think there needs to be a clan discussion forum where clans can make their own threads, to keep it out of the General chat.
    Regards,
    Ares331​
    Last edited: October 5, 2013
    archcommander likes this.
  2. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

While we are on the topic of new forums, a tech support forum would be nice too. Lots of "help me" threads drowning everything else out.
    mkrater, archcommander and liquius like this.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then we need additional moderators or any structure like that wouldn't work.
    Because people will continue to post their tech problems on other forums anyway.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

SMNC only had 2 active moderators and a giant handful of idiots. As long as the community is on top of it, keeping each section clean, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. This was also back before Garat was on the Uber team and the forums actually had little to no moderation. Now with Brad and a full (fuller :D ) mod team it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
  6. ares331

ares331 Member

Yeah they need to get on this asap to clean the mess up! Always looking to better the community!

Regards,
    Ares331​
  7. smithrjdan

smithrjdan New Member

8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

+1 to this.

Would be helpful.

I'm sure there's people here that would be willing to moderate. (like me)
    ares331 likes this.
  9. ares331

ares331 Member

^^^^ Great Moderator!
  10. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I would also like this. It would help us distinguish clans and also help them coordinate their efforts. I would be willing to help in any way to get this working and functioning well.
    archcommander and ares331 like this.
  11. ares331

ares331 Member

12. mceldowney

mceldowney New Member

+1 to this. Haveing our own forum for maybe clan duels in 5v5 and such would be nice
  13. ares331

ares331 Member

14. asgo

asgo Member

yeah the hit rate for the correct forum isn't great even with the existing forums, no telling what would happen if one would create additional targets. ;)
  15. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

+1 I admit we've added our fair share to this. We were kind of 'born' here but it has annoyed me that it messes up the forums. I'll admit that for my part... not that there's a whole lot I can do unless a mod takes it on board.
  16. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Brad would probably be the man to inform about this small but important thread.
  17. ares331

ares331 Member

Ikon Gaming uses XenForo for our website so I know all they have to do is create a new node. It takes 20 seconds tops. Lets get it done Uber!
    archcommander likes this.
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The thing is that just created subforums isn't enough, yes it'd be nice to have a Tech Support Forums, but let me tell you why we don't and likely won't have one until release.

Because there is already a place for posting BETA related things, the Beta SubForum, and yet people still post things basically everywhere BUT there. Frankly I don't expect to see a Tech Support forum until we're done talking about Beta stuff, which won't be until Release Day.

Even then as already said, having more forums to organize things doesn't help unless you can make sure the threads end up in the right place, and Users can't be relied on for that so far. So Uber either needs a bigger/consistent forum presence or more moderators and/or letting the moderators do more.

Mike
    SXX likes this.
  19. ares331

ares331 Member

^^^they need to train some mods who are passionate about the game and start getting things fixed on the forums, so we can have a Clan node. Someone with half a brain can move a thread on a xenforo site. It's not rocket science.
  20. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I've suggested adding more sub-forums as well. I'll see what Brad thinks. The Community here is wonderful and we want to continue fostering it, so we'll make sure it's the right decision before implementing anything. :)