Strategic Icons

Discussion in 'Support!' started by gunshin, October 5, 2013.

1. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Hey, is there a way we can get an option to force on strategic icons at all zoom levels soon? its kinda annoying that i have to now stay in a very select distance from the planet in order to see them =/
  2. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

reaaaaaaaaaally annoying. I agree.
  3. Kattamura

Kattamura New Member

Yup with you on that one 100%
    Or be able to customize the min max distance maybe further into the future.
  4. hyperforce

hyperforce New Member

Yep, i'd like to be able to oversee the battlefield as well from long range.
  5. Nalincah

Nalincah New Member

Yeah, I would love to set them on "always on"
    cola_colin and Murcanic like this.
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yeah for sure. I think the orbital switch should be on a button toggle to hide the units and show orbitals.
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  7. Forgrimm

Forgrimm New Member

It's cool to have a view that shows only orbital stuff as strategic icons, but maybe it would be handy to introduce layers for the strategic icons that can be turned on/off. So I could hide all my ground stuff to find my orbital units and also can activate it afterwards to see the ground units again.

But currently it is very complicated to play with the strategic icons, as you can us it in only a few zoom levels.
  8. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

I find that currently icon dissapear too early when zooming in and too early when zooming out.
    I'd like to keep them on like 4 zoom levels closer that currently and 5 or 6 zoom levels furtehr when zooming out.

or a toggle switch but the levels above would probably work well for me
  9. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
    PA currently is near unplayable due to the mostly missing icons imho.
  11. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

cola colin,
    I think that the more GUI functionality we can figure out early, the more Uber will be able to build into the final game.
    Keep brainstorming while you're playing!!!
  12. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

Also since Uber seems to want an icon free clean look at some levels of zoom, maybe the signs for North and South pole should dissappear at the same time as the strategic icons. But please as I said above, just make sure we see those icons closer and much further to the ground than currently.
  13. Infrabasse

Infrabasse Active Member

If the disappearance of strategic icons at "high" altitude is to allow for a better visibility of the orbital icons, maybe the zoom out should happen in two motions, where you'd need an additional flick of the mousewheel to get into orbital icon view.

Just thinking out loud really.
  14. kagaku

kagaku New Member

Something like this. I think the strategic icons should be visible at all zoom levels, but at the furthest zoom level they toggle off and only orbital shows. In fact, at the furthest zoom level the selection box should default to only picking up orbital units and nothing on the planet.
  15. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

And how do you interact orbitals with the ground level when you can't see them anymore?

(They instead should give a projection of the orbital on the ground, ie. show their icon there. Or remove orbitals, my prefered solution.)
  16. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Yes thats could work good.

Personaly i dont want to toggle layers of icons on and off. this can move your attention away from what is going on on the battlefield.

btw the missing icons at some zoomlevel are something like a bug - it has been better in alpha for example.
    i´m sure we will be able to have the icons on all the time in the future.
    (maybe the icons will get a little smaller and less overlapping, ... please... ;) )