[REL] PA Tournaments [54631]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by oxide246, August 19, 2013.

1. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

I have decided to do as Cola_Colin has with his PA Stats mod and make this an "online mod" meaning all the mod files will be loaded from pa-tournaments.com and you *should* never need to do another update again since it'll automatically update when I update the server files.

PA Stats will automatically be loaded with my mod if you haven't already got it loaded. It would be great if players would send stats to Cola_Colin's website for tourney matches.

To install just add this line to your global_mod_list in your ui_mod_list.js file

'http://pa-tournaments.com/mod/pa-tournaments-loader.js'

Alternatively if you like the convenience of Raevn's mod manager you can download the very bare zip file below and extract it to your PA\media\ui\mods\ folder.

--------

Hello, after quite some time I'm back with a mod!

This mod shows currently running tournaments on the pa-tournaments.com website. You can now join/leave tournaments directly in game and see your upcomming matches. You can also view more information about the tournaments/matches by clicking the link which will open the pa-tournaments website within Raevn's in game browser (Now included in the build!).

IMPORTANT! If you have stats currently on the website which you wish to continue building on, make sure that your username on the pa-tournaments website matches your uber username. Log in -> Click "Account" up the top left -> Click "Update Player" -> Change your username and save. DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOD

This is just an initial release, there will be many more to come with more integration features to the website.

To install, copy the ziped files to your PA\media\ui\mods folder. This mod also makes use of Raevn's mod manager. If you are not using Raevn's mod manager you'll need to add the following to your ui_mod_list.js file as specified in PA\media\ui\mods\readme.txt

/* start ui_mod_list */
    var global_mod_list = [
    'http://pa-tournaments.com/mod/pa-tournaments-loader.js'
    ];

Updates
    5th Oct 2013
    - Made mod an "online mod"
    - Bundled with PA Stats
    - Fixed bug where mod wouldn't the list first time round when visiting the start screen and it would clear your display name on the website.

3rd Oct 2013
    - You can now upload systems to the website, and if you are a host assign these systems to matches
    - Players can create games with the system that has been assigned to their match

Known issues
    1. If you are a Tournament creator, dont try to Start/Finish a tournament within the in game browser This will break the PA UI
    2. YouTube videos don't work

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 5, 2013
    Quitch likes this.
  2. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Why not just use Challonge, it's fairly simple.
  3. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Just took a quick look, seems pretty decent and people could use that if they like (or until I finish mine). But I still want to make this for my own interest and hopefully provide a better experience because of integration with PA.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

An integration could mean game specific match information?
  5. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Yes exactly, to begin with I could link your PA Stats with games played. It might be possible to launch games, with a pre chosen map without going to the lobby.. or have a "private lobby" which only people in the tournament can join. Eventually I could link the replay file when that is implemented.

I'd like to use Uber Authentication for signup when that is implemented properly too. There's a lot of potential I can see for this :)
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Yea i like the integrated idea better. although nothing keeps us from putting up a challonge page that PA modded would link directly to.
  7. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Ok, most of the ground work is complete. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out. Feel free to sign up and have a play around if you like. Currently the host of a tournament has full control and the players can't do much but join. Any advice, feedback would be truely appreciated!

http://thewebexpat.com/pa/pa-tournament/index.php?r=tournament/index
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. cola_colin

Looks pretty cool.
    Why would you want multiple registrations per a single account for a tournament?
  9. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Thanks,

Yeah I wasn't sure about that one, I was just trying to keep it as flexible as possible. Maybe I'll remove that option.
  10. dala1984

dala1984 Member

Have you thought about implementing biometric stats for each match?

I looks really good bye the way. o_O
  11. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Although this is not exactly a mod yet.. it will be soon enough! I have set this to [REL] because it's now good enough to hold a tournament with. And I'm hoping to hold a small test tournament Saturday at 9pm Server time (not sure what timezone it is.. one of the US timezones :p )

Please sign up here if you're interested.

http://thewebexpat.com/pa/pa-tournament/index.php?r=tournament/view&id=6
  12. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

New mod guys! Check out the first post.
  13. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Updated:
    - You can now upload systems to the website, and if you are a host assign these systems to matches
    - Players can create games with the system that has been assigned to their match
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Nice! This is a really powerful little tool actually. I suppose I'd better try my hand at installing mods some time soon. Is yours compatible with Cola_Colin's stats tracker at present?
  15. cola_colin

I havent tried it yet, but why would it conflict?
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I have no idea. But then I have no idea about coding in general :)
  17. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Read first post for more info.

Updates
    5th Oct 2013
    - Made mod an "online mod"
    - Bundled with PA Stats
    - Fixed bug where mod wouldn't the list first time round when visiting the start screen and it would clear your display name on the website.
  18. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

really cool thing, now lets get started more tournaments :) especially for noobs like me xD
  19. vipez

vipez Member

Awesome mod. More should use it!
  20. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

Nice Mod good job Oxide!