Glitchy planet collisions

Discussion in 'Support!' started by NapoleonSolo, October 4, 2013.

1. NapoleonSolo

NapoleonSolo New Member

Hey all,

I decided I'd try and blow up some planets last night to relieve some stress. I created a system with one large moon and a smaller moon that can you strap Halleys to.

I fired the small moon directly at my enemies base and the resulting collision was somewhat strange. The small moon sling-shotted around the sun at high speed onto a collision trajectory (as I expected), just as the collision was supposed to occur the small moon passed right through the target and stopped instantaneously on the other side before approaching the larger moon at a much slower speed with alarms going off.

I'm assuming that there is a transition between a multi-body physics system and the collision interaction, however it seems that there are some issues at the transition point. I have attached an image to try and explain what happened visually. The blue line represents small moon travelling at high speed and the red at a much slower speed.

Cheers,

Napo

Attached Files:

2. corteks

corteks Active Member

I think I had something like this in the game I just played then actually.
  3. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

Current implementation of this is rather first pass and rough. Expect it to get much better over the next weeks / months.
  4. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I also had something like this. My astroid passed the plane and then it teleported back to the planet and started its approach It's a bit glitch but other then that smashing planets works good.

It needs a bit of touching up. An ETA would also be nice and if you could see the trajactory.
  5. pheagey

pheagey Member

this...