PA Beta Build: 54631

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 3, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Beta Build: 54631
    • AI has started using bots! It's still early, but you should see a bit more variance in how the AI tries to destroy you now.
    • Some fixes to amphibious traversal between land and water (specifically the commander)
    • Support for switching between arrow key and WASD camera controls
    • A number of back end fixes, changes and improvements
    liltbrockie, igncom1 and carn1x like this.
  2. Ikalpo

Ikalpo New Member

Man, right after I couldn't join a game because it ate all my memory too.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

4. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I'm getting some weird stutter in game
  5. Ikalpo

Ikalpo New Member

Naw man, It's just because I joined a game with 14 planets and only 8 GB of RAM. But thanks though.
  6. rooly

rooly New Member

could launch build from yesterday 30 minutes ago, build from 20 minutes ago causes black screen in linux on amd drivers
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then it's understandable, 16 planets took about 10GB of RAM to generate. ;)
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

No unlisted changes that I can see from the datafiles. :p
    Thanks for the early likes though ;)

Actually, it turns out I lied, there's slightly modified build icons for the nuke and anti nuke.

nuke_launcher_ammo.png
    anti_nuke_launcher_ammo.png
    (New icons on the right, old on the left)

Edit: Now is a good time to ask, why do most of the papa files appear to slightly change every build? It makes it hard to see if any of them change from build to build.
    Last edited: October 3, 2013
  9. k4trix

k4trix Member

Argg. We will have to take care of the AI now, and not only to make patrolling 10 planes.
  10. solaradmiral

solaradmiral New Member

Sorry for such a basic question - but how do I make a game where I play against the AI one-on-one? I couldn't figure it out, and I couldn't get any network games to play with this version (or any previous versions) on Mac.

Thanks!
  11. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Atm to play against AI, you just start a custom game, hit ready, and hope no one joins before it launches.
  12. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

I spent the entire game vs the AI building up, getting to the moon, and building halleys, and the moment the moon impacted the planet, I got the "Lost Connection to Server" error and the game ended. The sound effect triggered, but the game crashed to black before coming up with that error. I'm sincerely hoping you can take a look at the logs for my game and see what happened... all that work for a disconnect at the very instant I was waiting for is really, really frustrating!
  13. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll post this here, but I versed an AI just a shot time ago, and they didn't build any bots, seems like it was still working as the old air-only AI.
  14. dekate

dekate Member

just played a round, first hostile bots around ... 5min or so ... that was surprising as hell when they blew up one of my first fabbers while he was building that badly needed mex...

my com took short work of them, but after that i actually used all defensive systems :D

after 30min, i wasnt sure what the ai was doing, i flew a few scouts over his base and saw a friggin huge ball of mixed t1/t2 bots, like 200+, sitting in the middle of his base, trying to find a way out ... im glad they didnt and i blew them to smittherens with some long range artillery. after that the round pretty much ended when i just rushed my 200 tanks/bots into his base and took out the ai com

one thing i want to mention also, the ai barely used bombers, might have been because i blew his scouts out of the skies before they could come close to my territory.
    and another thing, defensive turrets like to shoot into the sides of hills, even though the target is ON TOP of said hills ...
  15. hohopo

hohopo Member

Why are you building defences on the low ground away?

But god dam it uber I'm meant to be doing assignments...
  16. aeonlakes

aeonlakes New Member

Black sun is back and FS#1990 renders the game unplayable for me. :-(

MacOS 10.8.5; MacBook Pro (8,2; thunderbolt); 2.3GHz i7; 8Gb RAM; 256Gb SSD; AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024Mb VRAM.
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Right now the AI randomly chooses to be air focused or bot focused. Later this will change to react to players and/or be settable in the lobby.
  18. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I LOVE WASD. Only one small problem when you chat they still do things! other than that once I rebound a to q for attack and s to e for stop, worked like a champ. I'm loving it, ten times more efficient.
  19. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I think an adaptable AI is better than a preset one.
  20. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I would agree, however there are those that enjoy playing against an AI while knowing what the AI is likely going to throw at them. I would like to be able to give them the options that allow them to do that.