Full servers showing up as empty?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Rammite, January 12, 2011.

1. Rammite

Rammite New Member

So I click Multiplayer, deciding it's been a while since I've grappled fail-assassins.

Let's see here- Oh, wow, a server with 40 ping and it's completely empty? *Clicks join* Well, hey, I could totally screw around ther- Wait, what's this?

Server is already at capacity? Ugh. Maybe it lagged out or something.

Hey, look another server, low ping, empty!

Whoops, that one's at capacity too. Shucks. I really wanted someone to try and stratch that spot on my back.

In all seriousness, half of every server I see is full with 0 slots open, or empty with 12 slots open. I can't really do much anymore.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Lurk Moar.

We know already, and Eka said they're working on it.
  3. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

was wondering if i was the only person getting this, guess not. pretty annoying, but I'm sure it will be fixed next patch. ::hopes::
  4. VoxNihili

VoxNihili New Member

Basically, if the server says it's hosted by "Another Server," the current player count is broken. No way to check how many people are actually playing but to look.
  5. SoulkeepHL

SoulkeepHL New Member

Is this still an issue that's actively being worked on? The filter options don't work for me, and empty severs show up as full and full servers show up as empty. I've looked in the Steam Support listing and the stickied post on this forum for known issues, and it's not listed.
    Last edited: March 22, 2011
  6. killien

killien Active Member

So if the full ones show empty and the empty ones show full, what should that tell you?
    Hint: it isn't a listing of players present
  7. SoulkeepHL

SoulkeepHL New Member

Then that should really be noted some where, as it's the opposite of every other multiplayer game I've played in the last 15 years. And it wasn't consistent enough for me to figure it out, as I was avoiding the full and empty severs, so I though I was connecting to a server with 8 people and there would be 2 instead, or 6 instead given round ends or game starts.

Edit: Don't mean to sound like an ***, thanks for your help, filter being broken was apparently a problem with a file in my install, steam would verify, find a fault, download a replacement, and then repeat the process when verified again. Reinstalled and filter works, and with your help, it's much easier to find a game.
  8. killien

killien Active Member

For some reason Uber changed the listing from "Open" to that little empty bathroom man figure
  9. miahbot

miahbot New Member

Really frustrated me at first too, especially after realizing I was getting it wrong, and that the columns were only labeled with identical pictures with different fill styles. I've played Quake, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, etc and they all had [current players/capacity] listed.

ALSO, with filters mostly working as far as I can tell, when I tell it to leave out the full and empty games I still get a few entries in the filtered list with 0/12. Shouldn't that be full and filtered out?

As far the design choices.... all I can guess is that this is just an amazing piece of board meeting action items:

"Ok guys almost done with the server browser. Let's review the remaining points. First, we need you to change the first column to be empty spots available for the server, we'll call them OPEN spots. We know its different than every other game, but this way is more logical, and will help new players understand faster and more intuitively."

"Alright sorry about last time, but this one came down from the top. We need you to change the OPEN label to a picture of a person. What, you don't think my sketch looks like a person? It's like a bathroom sign for people with no sex!"
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I don't think they have board meetings
  11. killien

killien Active Member

That happens in every MP game
    It seems that once in a while someone will join/leave the split second the server responds with how much space it has left

Like I said, I have no idea why Uber changed that, they really should have left it listed as "Open"