Suggestion : Orbital tier

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by plannihilator, September 29, 2013.

1. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

Some random ideas for orbital:
    - nuke built with the orbital launcher
    - orbital units not able to move into interplanetary space, but locked around the first planet they get sent to.
    - the orbital launcher rocket cost could depend on how far the target orbit is from the origin
    - T2 orbital: an orbital fabber that can build more advanced orbital units, including a cheaper orbital transport that could operate between orbits or on low gravity bodies to move radars, solar array etc.
    - the current orbital transport would be a one-shot container that gets disabled/destroyed once at destination.
    Last edited: September 29, 2013
  2. byemberlight

byemberlight New Member

I particularly agree with your second and last points :)
    And generally an orbital fabber and second orbital tier will be a very good idea once the gas giants are implemented
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I believe some of this stuff will be implemented. I remember Uber talking about having to wait until a planet gets close enough to send units to other planets. So Orbital Launchers will likely have a limited range.

Btw, it's not T2 or Tech 2. It's "Basic" and "Advanced."
  4. plannihilator

plannihilator Member

That's merely a naming convention. AFAIK the only game which actually used T1-T2-T3 as names in-game is SupCom. Other call it basic-advanced, or use town-castle-fortress type upgrades.

I know the balance and units are preliminary, but I couldn't resist dropping my 2 cents :)