Experimental tag

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thesonderval, September 30, 2013.

1. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Does the server still not allow systems (or worlds, unclear on the notes) tagged experimental?

What does the tag signify anyway?
  2. pudeldestodes

pudeldestodes Member

i was abel to play on systems tagged as experimental, so i assume, it is not realy in use anymore, so far i was not able to reproduce a situation, where i was not abel to play an experimental system
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes.
  4. corteks

corteks Active Member

Yeah it seems like it doesn't take much to get an experimental system, but personally I've been able to load them up.

The tag signifies that certain settings may be buggy or unstable (I guess moreso than the rest of the build? :p), and I feel that the number of planets in a system may cause the tag to come up right now? Not sure but I've created systems with more than a planet+moon, without any of the planets coming up as experimental, and the system has been listed as experimental. Either way experimental systems are technically playable, but I think they should be considered more likely to crash the game.
  5. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

Every single system I have ever made was experimental, even if I just used 2 earth templates and nothing more.