Game Manual?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Komemiute, September 30, 2013.

1. Komemiute

Komemiute New Member

Sorry if this is obvious, but I just managed to download the Beta yesterday night before starting to play around with systems generation and then crashing into bed.
    So I didn't really had the will to spend precious time looking for docs. :p
    My bad.

Pretty funny, overall, but I'd like to read a manual if available.
    Also I assume Single Player mode is not active yet, right?
    Point is I'm feeling scared to death to jump in in a game with out ANY knowledge of the game...

:p
    Yeah, I know.

Thank you in advance.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

You can always just create a game, join a slot and hit ready which will start a game vs. AI.
    Singleplayer is not yet active and there is no manual yet either. You will have to find your stuff around the forums for now ;)
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Watch some gameplay videos. Practice vs AI is ok but is nothing like a real game and won't help you get better.
  4. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

It might not help people get to be better players, but a massive percentage of players
    want to at least explore menus, try out units, find out how some things work etc,
    before offering themselves as a sacrifice
  5. Komemiute

Komemiute New Member

:D Thanks a bunch everybody. I'll try this out and take a dip in the big cold space... ;)

As a side question... I can create systems and save them, but what for? I suppose I can create a game and use the created system as a base, right?

Also does it any good to build the system before creating thew game or is just wasted time as it build it again when the game is started?
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yes.
    Wasted time, need to rebuild anyway.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

One other thing - if you're daunted about just playing with 'random' people, pre-arranged games can be more beneficial, and you can often get guidance from your opponent or from third parties.
  8. Komemiute

Komemiute New Member

Thank you very much. :D
    I must admit I feel silly at age 30 something to ask this kind of help, but it's really I used to play Total Annihilation and this kickstarter really rocked. Just I feel a bit out of the water... :p
  9. cwarner7264

Eh, I don't like being so direct, but I may as well - we've a friendly bunch on our Teamspeak if you wanted to join us. My signature is a link to our website if you're interested.
  10. Komemiute

Komemiute New Member

HEH! I don't usually accept such a direct invitation, not without a couple drinks, but... hell why not.
    I'm going to get plastered on several planets at once so I may just as well drop all my fears and just give up ;)

LOL! Thanks, I'll see what I can do but I'm from central Europe so my time zones could be off.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  11. cwarner7264

We have people from all timezones kicking around, you'll be fine for that!
  12. Daddie

Daddie Member

If things go BOOM then you are on the right track :D