What do you want to see soonish, or anytime soon? Feedback for Devs.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xanoxis, September 28, 2013.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I was thinking also about something called "missions", that you can write by yourself. Something like "Check eco and units on planet Test" and you can set it to repeat every 1-2 minutes, and make some noise or something like that. And other missions, like "defend from Blue Commander, mostly air and bots", "Care for Green, nuke done soon" and etc. That would be also very usefull in team armies battles! And other big clan battles.
  2. byrnghaer

byrnghaer Active Member

One thing I would like to see is to get back the old icons for units and buildings as an option.
    These small unit and building icons that are in the game right now are unreadable to me, they might as well be ASCII graphics lol. Takes forever to find specific units or buildings from the view up high. I'd like for the option to have bigger, more unique icons.
  3. nobrains

nobrains Member

• Draw on the planet to help coordinate team.
    • See what units my teammates have selected. Especially while controlling the same army.
    • Less buttons to hit something with an asteroid.
    • Private games.
    • Preview system in lobby.
    • Allow chronocam playback speed in (-1,1).
    zaphodx and archcommander like this.
  4. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Oh man, I thought I was the only one getting this due to me not having a mouse with a wheel.

I would like to see less "Simulation Terminated" and for the game to stop freezing.

A pause game option would be nice too (you can pause in Sins of A Solar Empire for a maximum of 10 times), bathroom breaks without having to worry about the game (although the AI doesnt do anything but keep building air units.)
  5. byrnghaer

byrnghaer Active Member

Oh, come to think of it: being able to team up with other players. That would help noobies like myself out tremendously I think.
  6. occusoj

occusoj Active Member

Working game joining and elimination of "failed to join game" or "connection to server lost".
    Pathfinding thats reliable.
    Build orders not skipping some structures.
  7. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I was expecting beta to be buggy because that's perfectly normal. Optimizations to things like the fabrication bot effects or particle generation in general would add a noticeable performance enhancement from what I gather sooner. Obviously the little things in any code that hasn't had time to be fully tested or corrected will cause some issues for now. Hopefully everyone understands that.
    hahapants likes this.
  8. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Team up with us then. ;)
  9. s1lverhair

s1lverhair New Member

I'd like to see different colors for orders in the UI sepending on which player gave the orders. for better team coordination
    smallcpu likes this.
  10. Zaits

Zaits New Member

I'd like to see the patrol and group assignments fixed for Mac. This hasn't worked since June and a bug post was submitted for it.
  11. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Stuff I'd like in the next build off the top of my head:

1. I'd like the star to show up in the linux build. At the moment, my planets orbit an invisible point in the void.

2. The orbital layer is a pain to use and find units in. I'd like better separation and distinction between the ground/air layer.

3. The ability to adjust patrol waypoints.
    Last edited: September 30, 2013
  12. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I want mechanical dragons.

And cheats so I can constantly smash planets together without spending an hour building up.
  13. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

1. Factory build queue looping.
    2. More stable and expanding AI
    3. Post processing effects, really interested to see what they do here.
    4. Naval love.
    5. Way point dragging.
    Last edited: September 29, 2013
  14. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Nice idea, slightly worried for the unit limit though.
  15. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

This will be 2 different game modes. I forget the name but you can see the disabled option you suggest already when creating a game.
  16. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

You can already do this with a mod. Check the mod forums.
  17. Tomasina

Tomasina Member

Some sort of a mini-map. I know the challenges that this poses... but trying to manage a single or multiple planets worth of units without a mini-map or battle indicators is almost impossible.
  18. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Then this is a splash of cold water for them to realize what a real beta is. I doubt that as many people would want to play the betas for other games if they were marked a previews which they really are.

As for the topic. I really want to see my Planetoid bomb slingshot maneuver into the planet not just fall from the sky. I want my enemy to see how dead they are and look them en the eye before i blow them up. And a more dramatic explosion on the planet for it too. The UI for planetary transfer isnt exactly that intuitive. I was expecting something along the lines of having to load my commander into the orbatal commander before launch like in the concept trailer. The Lunar Engineer like shown in the Trailer would also be awesome to see.
  19. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Just the obvious really for me personally.......

Performance
    Save Game Function
    Saved Replay Functions
    New Units
    Dramatic Improvements to the Lava Planets
    AI build ground Units
  20. sneakymousetrap

sneakymousetrap New Member

Blamo! No one seems to have said mine!

1.) strategic icons for mass points. They're just impossible to find right now.
    2.) more transport options - maybe something that can move a group of military units planet to planet? Even same planet transports would be nice
    3.) ferry mode - one of the top 10 innovations that I felt SupCom brought to the genre
    4.) interplanetary artillery - I feel like the current 2 planet end game is severely lacking. It feels like you can hold down a planet relatively easily with 2 nuke silos and a radar, and it's very difficult to siege an established planet. I liked the t3 artillery + shields end game in SupCom, and I feel like some slow, fairly inaccurate but ultimately powerful artillery could help with that dynamic
    5.) reasonable sound notifications (in lieu of a minimap), ideally with a button to jump to the notification.