Where are the systems saved?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zweistein000, September 29, 2013.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I have created a couple of systems that I'd like to post about in the forums and distribute them to other people. Does anyone know where can I find them or if they are even stored locally?
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

In this directory you might find multiple .localstorage files:
    C:\Users\ YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME \AppData\Local\UberEntertainment\Planetary Annihilation\
    localstore\Local Storage\

Each of these files it's SQLite database which contain one table with multiple columns and only one row.

There is column "systems" which contain hex-encoded JSON array with saved systems.

If this too advanced to you just wait before somebody else make mod to import/export systems. I want work on it, but I quite overloaded at moment.
    Synertry likes this.
  3. zweistein000

I ca only get as far as

C:\Users\ YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME \AppData\Local\

everything else is missing (no UberEntertainment folder). I have "see hidden files" turned on.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Ooops, I lose space here, obviously you need "Uber Entertainment" directory.
  5. zweistein000

No I mean there is no folder that even starts on U there
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Are you sure you open directory of same user you started game with? Do you use Windows 7 or 8? (i'm not checked it on 8)
  7. v1c7r1x

v1c7r1x New Member

If in doubt, use %LOCALAPPDATA%, if you enter this in explorers location bar, it'll take you to the local app data folder of the currently logged-in user (%APPDATA% for the roaming app data folder). This works across all Windows versions even if the locations of the data folders change. These variables also work from the shell, you can e.g. open a new explorer window by typing "explorer %APPDATA%; this can come in handy when using AutoHotKey or a similar program, as you can define shortcuts to directly open explorer windows in specific system locations.
  8. zweistein000

Nope, the folder isn't there. I'm using windows 7.

Attached Files:

9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I sure you can find where PA put logs (and Coherent SQLite always near) using Process Monitor:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
    Just check what files/directories PA.exe using and one of them will be one you need.
  10. zweistein000

Damn... Your program isn't working, even with admin privileges.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Now it still is ther but there's no way for me to delete old systems as they are no longer saved under individual files but in a group of persistant four.

i don't know wich one is just the systems and i can't edit them.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

What do you mean? All systems are saved in SQLite database in hex-encoded JSON.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well they used to have the system names on individuall files. now it's just two files.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

When? :confused:

Neutrino mentioned they want implement easy way to share systems:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/build-status.53412/
    But it's never was in-game yet. Since save feature present it's still store systems in Coherent SQLite DB.