how to change display resolution?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Hackworth, September 29, 2013.

1. Hackworth

Hackworth New Member

Hi,
    is there any way to change the display resolution?

I pressed some shortcut and the game went from fullscreen to windowed and adapted the native screen resolution (MacBook pro, Retina display, running windows 7).
    Unfortunately, every time I restart the beta, it keeps the native Retina resolution, i.e. it lags like hell.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No, this game doesn't use modal fullscreen, so it's using your system display resolution even if it's using fullscreen option.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The game does always run at whatever resolution you have on your desktop, as the "fullscreen" is just a window without a border that has a fitting size and location to look like it is "fullscreen".

I think the combination to change the mode is alt + enter. However the game should store the setting if you set it in the options, too.
  4. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I am pretty sure that we have not test PA on a MacBook Pro running windows. We actually just got fullscreen mode in... We will work on getting some real resolution options going.
  5. Hackworth

Hackworth New Member

Thanks for the information. If it's any help to you, I'm running it on a Macbook Pro ME665xx/A
    support.apple.com/kb/ht4132
    using Windows 7 with bootcamp.

btw: can u do anything about the captchas required to posting? Most of them are almost impossible to decipher.
  6. docsnyder42

docsnyder42 New Member

This also affects new MS/Windows devices like the Surface Pro.
  7. gsuberland

gsuberland Member

You only have to fill them out for your first 5 posts.